Monday, November 7, 2011

When are We Too Old For VBS??

This last June, We all went to Vacation Bible School as a family.

I was super excited because I was able to be one of those crazy mommas who helps lead the worship sessions - Jumping around and singing and helping all the kids learn how fun it is to Praise the Lord!!

Sissy got to be a part of Day Camp, where they had special activities and did 3 Servant Opportunities.

Bubba got to go for the first time as a 2 year old.

And Brody?  Well, let's just say that VBS isn't up his 8-year-old-boy alley.  Case in point:
 One of the crafts was to make a sweet pillowcase to remind them of God's Love.  I found it crumpled under his bed with this drawn on the back:
 Yep - Nothing says God Loves Me like Tanks and Giant Lizards and Volcanos.
 This was a fun music maker......although Brody's doesn't look so fun after he got a hold of it......
 And nothing proves to me more how much he LOVED VBS than this picture.

I'm guessing VBS is not in the cards for us this summer........



6 comments:

Kelli said...

LOL...that is SO funny. He's just too cool for the crafts.

Macey said...

Yep, I think it's a boy thing.
I wonder if somebody needs to take control and have a class JUST for the boys at that age...that would interest them and be fun! :)

Emmy said...

Well at least he participated right? :)

Connie said...

I shouldn't laugh....but that is kind of funny!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

bwahahahahaha! I love Brody's little face and I can so relate to the flip side of the pillowcase! Too funny!

Rustown Mom said...

Funny! Yeah, I think by 10 or so, my kids were done with the thrill of VBS. I have fond memories of it as a kid, and I think it was less fun then, than now. Even so, I'm glad I took my peeps when they were little. I would have hated to say I never did - once they're too old, they're jaded...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...