Thursday, November 17, 2011

Dad & Lad? Not so much.....

What do you do when your son comes home from school at 3 pm and "reminds" you that the Dad & Lad Cake Baking Contest is tonight at Cub Scouts??????

And "Dad" is out of town?

And you knew nothing about it???

Hop to it!

Cake mix in the pantry? Check!

Frosting?  NOPE.

Luckily, my girlfriend was at Sprouts when she called me, so I had her pick me up a can.  Who cares that the only pre-made frosting Sprouts carried was gluten-free, dairy-free, chemical-free, and taste-free.....we will make it work!

First problem? The cake cracked.....
 And the "frosting" dripped off the sides.

So I gave Brody the bowl full of Halloween Candy and said "Have fun!"
And that he did!

And walking in, I was mortified to see all the other professional-looking cakes.

I mean, how do we complete with the likes of these "Dad & Lad" cakes???



Seriously???

Turns out all the voters, all cub scouts, LOVED Brody's "Candy Earthquake"cake and he won a prize!!!!

He came home beaming.

It's moments like these that make you realize all the hassle is completely worth making that sweet boy smile!


4 comments:

Robin said...

high 5!! Good job!!

Shawn said...

Ahh, I think his cake was original, the name was very fitting.

What a good Mom you are to step in and play Dad for this event. I have a hard time believing this cakes were done without a little assistance from a Mom but I'll hold them to their "Scouts Honor" and roll with it.

Macey said...

Candy eartquake! That is awesome and I want some. :)

Darling's said...

Way to go!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...