Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankful: Day 21

I am thankful for my first little boy.  There is such a sweet bond between Brody and I  - even though he is growing up so quickly, I will always see him as my little boy.  Brody is inquisitive about everything - wants to learn about the coolest topics - reptiles, tornados, tanks, sharks....he can rattle off the coolest facts.  And even though I cringed as we walked in to the Reptile House at the zoo last week, I marveled at the excitement he showed, taking his time looking at every exhibit (including those dang snakes!!). He tries really hard to please us - he does excellent school work and works hard on the soccer field.  He gets along with anyone and will spend all day outside playing.  Even though he is getting taller by the minute and his feet are stretching every night (3 shoes sizes in 6 months??), he seeks me out before he leaves for school to kiss me goodbye - he will always be my baby boy.

I am thankful that God blessed us with a sweet boy 9 years ago and we have the privilege to raise him.

One of my favorite holidays is Thanksgiving! While great food, friends, family and football make for a wonderful day, taking time out of my fast-paced life to think through the many blessings and to express gratitude to God and to others is really why I love this holiday so much. An attitude of gratitude, of course, shouldn't be a once-a-year deal, and hopefully cultivating a thankful heart goes beyond that one special Thursday in November for all of us. Won't you join me in professing your gratitude?


2 comments:

Macey said...

so sweet. :) but i'm not thankful for reptiles. nope!

Impulsive Addict said...

Aww...what a sweet post! I can't help him with anything related to snakes but everything else I can handle!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...