Friday, November 11, 2011

Thankful: Day 11

I am thankful for the Veterans who have protected and currently do protect our country.  Including my hubby and his brother, who is currently serving in the United States Air Force.  He has sacrificed a great deal of his time away from his home and his family to serve others.  He is humble and won't let us brag about him - but I hope he knows how proud he makes his family.   


One of my favorite holidays is Thanksgiving! While great food, friends, family and football make for a wonderful day, taking time out of my fast-paced life to think through the many blessings and to express gratitude to God and to others is really why I love this holiday so much. An attitude of gratitude, of course, shouldn't be a once-a-year deal, and hopefully cultivating a thankful heart goes beyond that one special Thursday in November for all of us. Won't you join me in professing your gratitude?


1 comment:

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of our Veterans!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...