Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Texas Sized Flip Flop Exchange Take 3!!

          

       Ahhhhhh Summer is finally here and it's time for flip-flop season!!  Here in Texas, it's all we wear from June 1 to Aug 24 (First day of school for us).  So you know that we have several pairs in our closet here.  But you can never have enough!


         Who's ready for the Third Annual Bloggy Flip Flop Exchange (BFFE)??  We tried the past 2 summers and it has been a great success.  AND I have had SO many people asking me when the next one is...so here it is!!!
         What's a BFFE?? Would you like a new pair of flip flops to arrive on your doorstep within weeks?  Would you like to get to know a new bloggy friend?  Maybe you'd like to send someone something cool from your state?  And with summer already starting, we are going to do this QUICK.  Like next week.  Here's how it will work:

Bloggy Flip Flop Exchange
One. If you would like to participate, send me an email that includes your full mailing address, blog address, and flip flop size by Sunday, June 12, 2011.

Two.  On Monday, June 14, you will receive an email with your BFFE partner's information.  Please take the time to visit their blog and learn more about them.

Three. By Friday, June 17, mail your flip flops to your BFFE partner along with mementos from your home state (so they can learn more about you as well). Some ideas include a postcard, local delicacy (someone got homemade fudge sauce last year- jealous!), key chain, etc.  Don't spend more than $20 total for your package.

Four.  Blog about the flips you have received - show us some pictures!! For example, I loved this pic from JennyKate a few years.  Bonus points for the most creative shot of you in your flip flops!!!


         There we go!  Totally easy and totally fun!   Lastly, please help me get the word out - mention the Bloggy Flip Flop Exchange in a posting of yours this week and I will send you a little Texas something as a way of thanks (please make sure I know about it).  The more participants we have, the more variety of new bloggy friends!  Thanks for helping make this a success.  Now don't sit on it, send me an email!


26 comments:

Country Mouse said...

Sounds like fun...I emailed you.:)

Kristen Marie said...

Although my blog has been on the slow side lately, i cannot wait to join in the BFFE fun!! I joined in on the 1st one ever, then was busy moving last summer.....So i am excited to do it this summer!! Who doesnt love getting packages on their doorstep!!

Amber said...

I've been itching to do a swap, perfect timing Becca!

Debilou ~ Mississippi Mama said...

this sounds really fun,, i love flip flops and love getting fun stuff in the mail. I will post about it on my blog too. .. ill be emailing you shortly. So glad I stopped by your blog today.

Kimberly said...

Shockingly, I am not a blogger-yet, can we still participate? thanks!

Kimberly said...

Just started..I will send you an email. thanks!

Crystal said...

Sent you an email to sign up! Just posted about it on my blog & facebook

Hallie said...

I did this last year and loved it!! I actually just wore my tshirt from TX yesterday! :) I tried to use the link but it won't bring anything up. Could you email me? wpooh_9 at hotmail dot com I am so excited to be part of this again! I actually bought something for this last weekend hoping it would be coming up soon!! :)

www.ourbrokenroad.blogspot.com

Bex said...

For some reason I can't make the email work...can you reply to me with your email address so I can sign up please? Janna told me I MUST partake in your swap!

Michelle said...

I sent an email and posted about it on my blog
www.makingmefit.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I'm in!

me2weest2011.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I also wanted to let you know that I reposted your post on my blog!

Impulsive Addict said...

Count me in but this means you can't break up with me.

Angela @ A Mama's Two Cents Worth... said...

Just posted about it on my blog
Angela
amamas2centsworth.blogspot.com

Hallie said...

Thanks for getting back with me! I emailed you my info and I blogged about this exchange too!

www.ourbrokenroad.blogspot.com

Angel said...

I want in but my email link is not working. What's your email address and I'll send you my info.
YAY!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am SOO in! :) Emailing you now.

Morgan said...

Fun fun fun!!! I am so in! I emailed you, and I blogged about the exchange as well!!!

http://backoffimstarving.blogspot.com/2011/06/sucky-suck-suck-suck-and-something-fun.html

Trixie and Tess said...

I'm in! I could always use some more flip flops!

I still wear the ones from the picture up there...and that Rob magazine is up on my shelf. :)

jennykate77 said...

Ooops. Wrong account.

Unknown said...

Sent you an email and blogged about it too!

http://paigefaulkner.blogspot.com/2011/06/flip-flop-exchange-texas-style.html

Jen said...

Ok I'm a total fail - getting around to do my Monday morning post and just looked at this to link to - I'm sorry I didn't do it last week! :(

Anonymous said...

I would love to participate.

Melayne Marchese said...

I am LATE and just found you today...NEXT YEAR I will be the first to sign up!! Love your blog!!

Shawn said...

I'm such a loser! I am so sorry I missed this, see what happens when I take a week off!

So super sad!

Janette @ The Johanson Journey said...

Hey girl-- are we suppose to link up our posts about our flops or just post it anytime?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...