Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Teaching These Girls to Love a Mall Too Soon??

Last summer it was hot.  I mean HOT.  While in the hundreds for days on end, no one plays outside.  So to get my girlie out of her "I'm soooooooooo bored funk", we created a mall scavenger for herself and a few of her besties to do one day.

So super easy and they loved every minute of it!

A quick drive to the mall while we talked over a few ground rules:
1. Must be polite, explain what we are doing, and ask permission (if applicable).
2. Can't spend more than $10.00 for the whole game.
3. Some activities were to take a picture with something, some asked a question, some ask you to gather a particular item.
4. We only have an hour!!

 These girlies are ready!
 Off they go! This picture had so much foreshadowing as to many teenage trips to the mall - was I really helping start their obsession with shopping?  Yep!

Just a few pics of some of the fun:
 Get a Massage.
 Take a picture in High Heels.
 Find a Yellow Purse.
 Eat some "Yellow" candy.
 Take your picture in Elvis sunglasses.
An item that cost $.99!
These bargain shoppers all found matching necklaces!!

Here is the complete list the girls had to do.  Feel free to use it if you like - my girlies LOVED it!!

Mall Scavenger hunt:
A hanger
Yellow candy
Take a picture in High heeled shoes
Napkin from the food court
Makeup sample (can not buy it)
How many restaurants are in the food court? ____
Take a picture wearing a Yellow purse
What 2 stores are on either side of Macy’s upstairs? _____________________________
Gumball
Best friends necklace
Hair product sample
Take a picture wearing Gold sunglasses
A card that says Happy Birthday
Name a store in the Mall that starts with the letter “G”:_________________________
Take a picture in a massage chair
Perfume sample (can not buy it)
Find a Dsi game starting with the letter L:_______________________
Salesman’s business card
What is your favorite candle scent?
An item with “Texas” on it
How much does it cost to pierce your ears?_____________________
Take a picture wearing a Dallas Cowboys Jersey
A bag from a store with handles on it
An item that cost $.99
A packet of mustard

It was the perfect activity to do on a hot summer day.  And we were having so much fun, that we ended up staying for over 2 hours.  Sis is asking to do it agin, but this time, maybe we will divide off into teams and really set a time limit.  

Fun times - teaching my girlie how to love the mall a bit to early?  Nah, just having fun with her as long as I can!!


9 comments:

Emmy said...

That looks like so much fun! Though I usually avoid the mall- but definitely making a note of this for when Alex is older.

Macey said...

That looks fun!! I wonder if I could do a version for my boys....

jennykate77 said...

I LOVE it!! What a fun game. I love scavenger hunts! When I was in HS, our youth pastor used to create scavenger hunts for us about once a month or so. Sometimes they would be video scavenger hunts, sometimes picture scavenger hunts...and sometimes just collecting things and bringing them back. It was always the best time! Whatever team won usually got to make the other teams do something humiliating or gross or make them dinner...something like that.

Let's do a scavenger hunt in HB! ;)

Myya said...

This is so fun! I wanna play!!!

Angie said...

LOVE THIS!!!!
This idea had actually crossed my mind for my preteen & her friends to do on a slumber party night. I think it looks like a blast :)

Connie said...

I love this!!!

You are the coolest mom ever!

Connie said...

AND YES! We need a scavenger hunt in HB!

Xazmin said...

What a FUN idea! I am totally stealing this!!

Keri said...

You seriously come up with the BEST summer time ideas......I wish I was more creative like that! Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...