Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thankful: Day 19

I am thankful for our home.  When we bought it 3 short years ago, we had no idea what it would provide for us: comfort, warmth, great schools, awesome friends, and wonderful memories.  We are so blessed to live in the house of our dreams - I am thankful for my HUGE backyard and 200+ year old oak tree.  I am thankful for the cul-de-sac for the kids to play in and host parties.  I am thankful that everyone has their own space to call their own.  I am thankful for the means that provided us the roof over our head each night and we know we are blessed beyond belief to call this our home.


One of my favorite holidays is Thanksgiving! While great food, friends, family and football make for a wonderful day, taking time out of my fast-paced life to think through the many blessings and to express gratitude to God and to others is really why I love this holiday so much. An attitude of gratitude, of course, shouldn't be a once-a-year deal, and hopefully cultivating a thankful heart goes beyond that one special Thursday in November for all of us. Won't you join me in professing your gratitude?


2 comments:

Connie said...

Beautiful!

Reminds me of my house in Utah....I miss it.

Shawn said...

We certainly are blessed aren't we?!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...