Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankful: Day 3

I am thankful for good books and the minds of the amazing authors who write them.  I have read a great deal of fantastic books over the past year.  I love that they can take me away and allow me to forget everyday life.

If you are looking for some good books to read, I recommend the Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins, Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand and The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran.

One of my favorite holidays is Thanksgiving! While great food, friends, family and football make for a wonderful day, taking time out of my fast-paced life to think through the many blessings and to express gratitude to God and to others is really why I love this holiday so much. An attitude of gratitude, of course, shouldn't be a once-a-year deal, and hopefully cultivating a thankful heart goes beyond that one special Thursday in November for all of us. Won't you join me in professing your gratitude?


2 comments:

Macey said...

OOOOH! I'm putting those books on my Goodreads to read list. :) The Hunger Games...I LOVED THAT. It was MY Twilight.

Shawn said...

I loved the Hunger Games trilogy and cannot wait for the movie! Thanks for the suggestions, I will add Unbroken and The Heretic Queen to my list.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...