Sunday, October 16, 2011

Random NYC

Well, not exactly.  New York City is most definitely NOT random.

However, we had fun with our iPhones and took some fun Random photos while there in September:
As I tweeted that we had arrived, Connie asked to see what fun outfits we were wearing - this one's for you Conns.....
 Just look at these amazing treats we found at the Little Italy street festival and calories will automatically be added to your hips....look away....look away....
 My cousin and I enjoyed not one but TWO sippy cups with wine while watching Chicago.
All that wine led us to silliness in the Times Square Hershey store.....
And look!  We found the Naked Cowboy - did you know he can make up to $1500 in tips on a good night??  That's enough to make you want to quit your job and move to NYC to dance in Times Square with no clothes on, right?
 How about becoming a barista in one of the world's largest Starbucks?  We played on their interactive postcard machines for too long.
 And one last fun Times Square pic- this is a truck that drives around the city - pretty cool huh?
All that fun made us hungry - just a few blocks over is the famous Shake Shack - we had a custard chocolate concrete with peanut butter, fudge, pretzels, and marshmallows- it was so good.
 We did happen upon some pretty humbling sites - like this fire station directly across from the World Trade Center.  We were there 5 days after the 10 year anniversary, but I'm pretty sure it always looks like this.
Lastly, I captured this single rose tucked into a loved one's name at the 9/11 Memorial.

Words couldn't possibly convey the emotion of seeing that in person.






























I have more to tell you about our NYC trip, but most of it will be posted over at R We There Yet Mom?.  Take a minute to pop over and see me there!


7 comments:

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

What a fun trip you had! Time Square is such a crazy-busy place!

That picture of the rose gives me a lump in my throat. All my 9/11-sick-to-my-stomach feelings came back this week. Why are there such horrible people in the world? Gah.

Connie said...

I love that picture of you in the purple!!

You guys packed so much into a short time. Great job!

Kelli said...

Your pictures make me want to go back!!! I love that you all cut loose and had such a great time. And $1500...I may just need to rethink my day job :) The Ground Zero site and all of the areas around it are SO humbling.

Emmy said...

Oh that last picture gives me chills. I so want to go to NYC! Looks like you had a great time

Macey said...

I'm so jealous you got to go to NYC.
The last picture gives me chills, too. :(

Impulsive Addict said...

I love you Becca! You are so silly and always make me laugh! You and that Hershey bottle are crackin' me up!

Does Naked Cowboy take tips in his underwear? I would totally stick it there. And do you think he does this in the winter months too?

Can we take the Austin Girls plus Connie to NYC? That would be fun!

Miller Racing Family said...

Girl this looks like a blast. Donnie and I both want to go to NYC when the kids are older. My mom went to the Hairspray musical and said it was ball.
Hope you have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...