Friday, October 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Brody!

This is "Brody".  My middle main man who just loves to have his picture taken.
 No, really he does, see?

He's turning 9 today.  And this momma is sentimental.  Not that he'll let me hug him all day.  

And being that he LOVES to be in front of the camera, I have tons of smily pictures.
No I don't.

But I did find a few that make ME smile as I think of what a remarkable boy he is, even if he HATES the camera.
He has played soccer for many years - I can't say he loves it, but he doesn't give up and never wants to quit - and he brings that determination out with him on the field.  This year he is goalie and it is making me a nervous nellie - it is up to him to stop that ball- Ahhhhhhhh!
He loves peanut butter sandwiches and lemonade and enjoyed it every chance he could at Grandma's this summer.  (look at me sneaking this shot)
He and his dad have this amazing new bond over shooting guns - it's something new and made me a little uneasy, but Matt has been extremely cautious in teaching him and he absolutely loves it - it is so great to see them talk about it - he lights up.
He is fascinated with reptiles - and was a great sport this summer when we didn't find any alligators in Florida - maybe not the greatest sport of me catching him in his fancy headgear.....
But luckily, there are still a ton of lizards for him to catch in our backyard.
And every once and awhile, I can catch him in a smile.......
But what makes me laugh the most is finding little treats like these:
While painting his room a few weeks ago, I found this next to his bed...... I HATED painting over it!
ANd this was in his writing journal at school - so sweet!
Lastly, this note to the tooth fairy cracks me up : "When you take the tooth, leave the money in the cup."  Detailed instructions for her!! And certainly no please & thank you!
And right now, he is all consumed with Star Wars - who doesn't love stumbling upon a R2D2 Mailbox in Downtown Springfield, IL??

But my all-time favorite picture of Brody this year???
and the recovery pic says it all:

He is a super fun boy that I love to pieces.
 And he's only 9 - I can't wait to see what he is like when he's 20!

Happy Birthday to my smart, determined, soccer- playing, Star-Wars-Loving Boy!

I love you!


6 comments:

Kelli said...

Isn't it fun to think of how they will be years from now. He sounds like such a cool kid. I love that shirt he has on next to the mailbox...classic!

Shawn said...

What a special tribute to a special boy!

I have to agree, the pictures of them on the Super Shot are print worthy!

Happy Birthday Brody!

Connie said...

Happy Birthday!!

Those are all great pictures but my fav is the one of him eating a sandwich!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!!

What a sweet post about him! Love the "smiles". So much despise is captured in those pictures. lol!

Darling's said...

We hope he had a great birthday!!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Aww! I love all of those pictures, especially the ones where he refuses to smile. What a handsome guy!
Happy birthday to Brody!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...