Thursday, March 29, 2012

Friday Daydreamin': Now that's Big $$$$

Happy Friday y'all! It's my favorite time of the bloggy week - I love looking at vacation & travel photos - I grab a big cup of coffee and dream away!  

While at the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and History Museum, my son spotted this in a display case.  

"WOW- Mom, mom - look at this - is that real??"

A guide just happened to be standing there and confirmed for us that yes, indeed the $1000 was real.  Apparently, it was printed in the mid 1930s and have been taken out of circulation due to the use of these high denominations in drug trafficking.  Huh.

Pretty cool - tI just love it when my kiddos discover something cool that I would have breezed right past.

What are you daydreaming about today?  Link up over at R We There Yet Mom, Delicious Baby, and Budget Traveler's Sandbox for their Travel Photo Memes. 



8 comments:

Aimee said...

Very cool! We've been wanting to go to that museum for a while now...I'll have to look for that if we ever make it down there. :)

Anwar said...

Awesome! I had read about those bills before but never seen photos of them.

Lisa said...

That is very cool - I had no idea that there had ever been $500 and $1000 dollar bills. Who are the presidents pictured on the bills?

Steve said...

I'm sure it put a huge dent in the drug traffic by forcing the dealers to carry $100's instead of $1000's.
Nice catch by your son though. Did it lead to a request for an increase in allowance?

Shawn said...

Who knew? Not me that's for sure!

Macey said...

And that's where I'd be arrested for trying to rob the place.

InsideJourneys said...

Wow, didn't know there was a $1000 bill. It definitely is nice when someone else, especially your kids, discover something you missed. And very special.

Connie said...

That's a lot of cash!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...