Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Why is this so Funny???

Growing up in the South, I was taught to be a lady.  Say excuse me, thank you, may I please....etc. Hold the door open for others, offer assistance always, and more. And I appreciated learning those manners, as they were instilled at a young age and are all automatic now.  I catch myself doing the same thing with my kids to make sure they remember their manners too.

But my hubby derails that.  No, I don't mean he's a uncouth pig that came from the north (no offense).  He is very polite.  Until it comes to passing gas.

You know...tooting.

I was taught that you go to another room to toot alone, or if someone else accidentally toots, you make no note of it, don't laugh and make someone feel out of place.  That is the polite way to handle it.

But not Matt.  It's a HUGE JOKE to him.  And he has taught my kids that it is the funniest thing on the earth. I know that if all of them are giggling uncontrollably in the other room - don't go in there without a gas mask.  They laugh at noisy ones, long ones, silent but deadly ones..... sigh....so much for my well-mannered children.

And they can recall perfectly the time that mom has tooted (which is NOT that many - I go in the other room, remember?).  They just love to throw me under the bus and tell those stories.  Seriously, the one when I was pregnant is NOT THAT FUNNY!

But what can this mom do?  If I can't beat them, I have to join them.

Last night Bubba was in a singing mood and wanted to skype his "Gwa".  No one was online, and wanting to capture his song, I pulled open a movie and recorded this:



Why do I laugh uncontrollably every time I watch this movie??  Darn you Matt - I used to think tooting was shameful.  I used to cringe when I heard the F word (f*rt- ugh I still hate it!).  And by golly, I never would have thought my son tooting on camera was funny.  But now, I giggle along with them.

Oh dear, what's next?  Everyone eats with their hands???


10 comments:

Darling's said...

TOO FUNNY!! If you can't beat emm, join emm!! :)

Meghan said...

I was in tears! He is just like the rest of us! LOVE it!!

Angie said...

Ha Ha- Your so funny!!!

Jan said...

That song is super! As for the 'tooting',
Ha-ha, ha.................;-)
Love it!

Connie said...

He is darling.....TOOT and all!

Rhonda said...

I just love you and your sweet family. Thanks for the laugh this morning!! I'm with you on the f word....hate that word.

Alli said...

You and I were raised the same way and act the same way! But not when it comes to the husbands! In my house, "f*rt" was as bad of a word as the other 4 letter words! Also shut up and turd. My mom HATED that word. And I agree, it just sounds gross.

Myya said...

That is so funny. My middle one thinks tooting is the most hilarious thing in the whole world, since when are girls not really girly. Geesh. LOL

Not So Simply Single said...

I grew up in Southern California, and now I live in Southern Maui...

Can I be a GRITS girl?

(girls raised in the south)

Just wondering!

Funny blog! Love it!

Shawn said...

I'll admit it, I think tooting is funny but only if I'm the one doing it. So double sided I know but I can't help it. If anyone else does it I get angry and demand that they have the decentcy to leave the room but those rules don't apply to me. I'm horrible I know!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...