Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Ten Things to Smile About: March

I can hardly believe that the month of March is almost over.  seriously.  Wasn't it just Christmas yesterday???

March was a spectacular month for the Darlings.  We gained not ONE but TWO new cousins!!!! Matt's Brother had Baby #3 - an adorable Girl and his Sister had her first - a precious baby Boy!! Being that they live far far away from us, I have no pictures to share.  But you know they would be the top of my list of Things to Smile about this month!!

With Spring Break, we had a ton of things to smile about this month, but I was able to narrow it down: 
1. Daddy & Daughter Dance - Sis was the perfect Alice with the dance theme being "Alice & Wonderland".  This may be their last dance, as it is "totally not cool to do this in middle school mom".  So, I was happy they were able to go this year - I always want to be a fly on the wall at these things! 
2. That same night, Brody earned his Bear Badge, making his next step a Webelo Scout.  He loves Cub Scouts and can't wait to get to Boy Scouts where he can go camping on his own with his Den. 
3. Sis was a part of her school's BlueBonnet Book Club and was selected to go to the district level competition.  It was a Jeopardy - type competition over the 40-something books on the list.  It was pretty exciting - so proud of my girl!
4. Over Spring Break, we headed to SeaWorld and I was a little nervous about if Bubba would enjoy it and how he would last all day without a nap.  He did awesome!  Waited pretty well for the shows and hardly fussed a bit.  He loved seeing the animals and the shows made him laugh.  Best of all, he really enjoyed his first ride!
5. A visit to South Congress in Austin is never complete without my favorite Hey Cupcake! from the airstream trailer. We tried their new John Lemon (get it?) - not bad, but I'll stick with my SweetBerry, thanks! Pastryschools.net should also be able to teach you how to make your own delectable cupcakes.
6. It is really hard to pick a favorite thing we did over Spring Break.  Honestly, we did a TON.  But something that captured us for a good half hour was the Bubble room at the Mayborn Museum in Waco - all the kids loved having a bubble built around them!
7. This picture makes me smile - Bubba was dragged around with us on Spring Break and handled no naps, lots of walking, and forced stroller time like a champ.  One afternoon we sat under a big oak tree in a hanging swing by the river and relaxed.  Sis shot this picture.  Can you see the love??
8. With Dad working, much of the exploring was with the kids & myself. But on Friday night of the break, we were able to take Dad to the famed Coopers BBQ in Llano.  We pigged out - it was so yummy - and still saved room for dessert - Matt's favorite blackberry cobbler!
9. One last thing that makes me smile?  Planning April Fools Jokes!  And the fact that I get to write for Quirky Momma each Monday (ok, that's two things).  Check out this latest post!!  And visit the Quirky Momma website often- there are TONS of great ideas of things to do with your kids for all age groups!

10. Lastly, this fun recap of our Spring Break makes me smile the most - Not the video itself, but the memory of trying to get the kids to dance everywhere we went - Brody balked at the idea, as you can see.  Except at one point - can you see where?



Linking up with these fun ladies today!













12 comments:

Kelli said...

Those are all definitely things to smile about!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like had some good trips... and good food!

Emmy said...

That video was perfect!! Your oldest broke it down a couple of times. What a fun idea to have them dance at all the places- so creative.
And the picture of you and Bubba is so so precious!
What a fun spring break you had.

And congrats to both Sis and Brody.

Great list, thank you so much for linking up

Stacy Uncorked said...

I LOVED the video! It's genius! And I love that Brody finally gave in and started dancing at the Sweet Berry Farms. :) You guys look like you have SO much FUN!! :)


Warrior Cats Easter, Monsuno Obsession, Honeymoon Wine, Fairy Hobmother

Robin said...

So much fun! I could go for one of those cupcakes right now!!

Angie said...

What a great month March has been for you. Hope you all have just as wonderful and exciting April!

Read your pranks post & loved it :)

Impulsive Addict said...

He danced at the Sweet Farm place! I saw him! That was a cute video! I loved all of your spring break festivities. You're such a great mom! And you took them all by yourself! Even better! I'm not that strong with just one! You're my new role model.

i need a cupcake right now. That lemon one sounds amazing!

Sissy was gorgeous in that Alice dress! =)

Macey said...

Your pictures are always so fantastic. :)
I want a cupcake. Damn it.

The Bipolar Diva said...

Need. Cupcakes.
You look like you all had a fabulous time!

Shawn said...

I love your ten things, they made me smile too. I watched the video on FB I think and loved it, you are so very talented my friend!

I think I may try to pull off a few pranks this year, the family will never expect it because I have never participated in Aprils Fools day before...I have no clue why, I love to get a good laugh....I'm old and boring I guess!

Thanks for linking up!

Pam said...

You do such a great job with these videos girl. Loved it! And you did it with a Vampire Weekend song, I like that too. :)

Connie said...

Love that video! I can't wait to work on mine....I swear it's going to be 40 minutes long.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...