Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Who Thought of This Stuff?


Many of you know that I recently had my 3rd child. And there is a break in between my older two and the baby...a BIG break..like 7 years break. And I have discovered that there have been lots of changes in the baby market since my 8 year old. Lots of fun & new gadgets. All of course, that I HAD to have.
For instance, the Pee-Pee Tee Pee. You heard me right. Pee-Pee Tee Pee I thought it was the greatest invention since sliced bread and once I found out I was having a boy, I knew I had to have some of these things. I actually found them on a whim one day while shopping in DFW with my BFF, Christie. I showed them to her and she laughed at me. I remember her looking at me with a face that said, "You're gonna waste your $$$ on that?" But, remember, I HAD to have them. I ever went so far as to get another batch of them, as I thought I would be using the heck out of them!


As soon as I brought Bubba Boy home from the hospital, I tried it out. Take the diaper off, plop the PPTP on, reach for a new diaper.....wait a minute, you're not supposed to kick it off Bubba, KEEP it on!! Put PPTP back on, reach for the...BUBBA, that is supposed to protect me from your pee-pee, KEEP IT ON!! I went through this several times before I realized hello? babies kick when they are neked.....don't hinder the kicking. I soon gave up. The PPTP just doesn't work- so much easier to grab a burp cloth or towel when they want to spray you. Not to mention that I was using the small ones in the picture above, and they barely ahem, fit.
And so, I got peed on.

Don't invest in the Pee-Pee Tee Pee.

Another fun invention that I received as a gift I never thought I would use. Are ya ready for this one? The Hooter Hider!! What a hoot- hide those hooters!!! I thought it was a great idea, but when will I ever be nursing in public? Probably never. WRONG. Life just didn't stop this summer for Bubba's feeding time with 2 older kids in various camps and activities. So, I pulled out the Hooter Hider and was set. I used it at soccer camp one day, and then at art camp a few weeks later. We had some company and rather than "excuse myself" to go feed Bubba, out came the HH. Friends at the lakehouse? No problem- use the HH. Free tickets to the Ringling Barnum and Bailey Circus? Got it covered (literally) with the Hider!!
I use this one ALL THE TIME and am so grateful I got it as a gift.

Hooter Hider? Every Nursing Mom has to have one!

There are lots more crazy inventions for babies I am dying to tell you about, but guess who is calling for me.....

Have a super Wednesday!


19 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

I know! My sister had her baby about the same time that you bad yours. I saw those pee pee tepee's and almost bought her one. So funny!

There is a big age gap between my 3rd and last child too. But it has worked out really well. They play and love each other so much. People are always surprised that there is 6 years between them.

Have a happy day Becca!

XOXO
Jen

Alli said...

I'm so relieved to hear the PPTP wasn't worth the $$. I kept meaning to get one when Joshua was a newborn and never got around it. Got peed on a few times, but learned quickly to put a wipe there. But I always wished I had tried one. Thanks for putting my mind at ease! You made me laugh when you said how it didn't fit. :)

Kelli said...

Those PPTPs are so funny. I wouldn't have thought about the baby moving either. Caleb peed on everyone! I love those hooter hiders. Not that I needed one, but because the patterns are so cute.

Anonymous said...

hehe I love all of the baby inventions that are out there :-) Can't wait to see what else you like.

Amanda said...

Too funny, my friend has a 1 year old and swears by the TTPT! Her son must stay very still:)

Jen said...

Hmm, I would also have told you not to waste the money on the PPTP :) but you would have bought them anyway!

I like the helmets for crawling babies so they don't bump their heads. Can't imagine for the life of me who would by that. Why not just keep kids in a bubble?

Unknown said...

I Love the HH (not that I have one yet) but my cousin in California had one that her Sister made her and she used it EVERYWHERE!!! It was wonderful, I told her that her sister needed to go into business b/c I didn't think they sold them, looks like I was wrong. Glad you love it! And thanks for the laugh with the PPTP :)

Amber Filkins said...

Isn't it funny all of those things they tell you that you NEED? When really, you don't need that much at all.

Amber Filkins said...

Oh wait, but a nursing cover up IS a necessity!!

Tanielle said...

O.K. thanks for the review, my niece just told me about the pee-pee tee-pee, and I laughed my head off,thought it was a pretty good idea though! Now I know not to buy any. I don't have a hooter hider, but I think I will be investing or maybe even figuring out how to make one for myself...thanks for having a baby boy first!! Any other great suggestions I need to know about?:-) You are awesome! Have a wonderful Wednesday!!

Nicolasa said...

hahah! I've never heard of such a thing but does sound like more work than it's worth!

Heather said...

We have 3 boys under 6 and with every pregnancy there was a ton of new stuff on the market. We never did use the tee pee, now I'm glad I didn't waste my money!

I always used an oversized blanket to hide while my little ones nursed. I'm going to look into the HH for some friends who are pregnant. Thanks for the tip!

Shawn said...

Having had 2 girls that whole penis thing scares me! I was watching my twin niece and nephew and I can honestly say I covered it up in fear of getting shot in the face while changing him!

Miller Racing Family said...

I totally agree, it seems like they are always inventing something new and better for babies.
I had heard of the TTPT but never bought any with Trey. We swore by the wipe warmer and like you we would just put the wipe to cover Trey.
Can't wait to hear of the other gadgets you have found.

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

There is 4 years between my 2nd and 3rd, and in that amount of time they came out with so many great {and not-so-great} things! I am with you on the HH. An absolute must! I made one of my own and bought a couple, and it goes with me EVERYWHERE! Once I thought I had forgotten it and I about had a heart attack! What did I do before they came up with them? Oh yeah, the big, bulky blanket that kept falling down :)

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

OK, I would've used a coffee filter before I bought a PPTP, and I am cracking up at the HH... because that's how I refer to the Hubs on my blog! Ha ha!
:)

Diana Ferguson said...

A hello from one Texas lady to another. Lovin' the baby gadgets' reviews.

Diana

Xazmin said...

Pee pee tee pee? That's hilarious! Ahhh...what will they come up with next?

jennykate77 said...

I know!!! All of my friends who've had babies since I had Isaiah have all had these nifty things! I guess I'll have to have another baby so I can enjoy all the new conveniences! ;) (ok, maybe not...ok, we'll see...maybe)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...