Monday, September 28, 2009

Friend Makin' Monday: You Wanna Know?


It's Friend Makin' Monday again and our topic this week is all about:

"The Top Things You Can Not Live Without!"

As there are few things in life we truly can not live without..... God, family, shelter, food...I did some serious soul searching today to think of what I truly can not "live" without.

The Message. I recently joined an online Bible study, Bloom, where we are reading through the book Crazy Love. (BTW, is anyone else doing this??) A few years back, hubby had given me The Message, which is the Bible written in contemporary language. I have been using it again with this study and was reminded of how great a tool this Bible is. Yes, it is an interpretation of the Bible, but it really puts it in a frame of mind that I understand & relate to so much better than the NIV version.

Anything Apple. I fell in love with Apple when I bought my first Mac in 2004. I have never looked back. I love my iPod. I love my iPhone. I love my Mac. And I feel shaky when I leave home with out my iPhone. Yes, I am that addicted.

Bumbo! I need to buy stock in this puppy- I have been blogging about the Bumbo all last week. Can't eat dinner without the Bumbo so Bubba Boy can join us. Seriously, we went to brunch yesterday with family and sat him in the middle of the table to watch us eat. It worked great.

Burt's Bees. You'll notice this one makes every list we blog about- favorite item, can't live without, one item to take on a desert island. It's all about the tingly feeling you get while using.
Books. I think college ruined my ability to sleep. I fell asleep every time I opened a textbook- somehow still graduated with honors though! And now I can not fall asleep without reading a book. I even have trouble falling back asleep at 3 in the morning. I have to go read in the guest bedroom to put myself back to sleep. Is that a problem?

Some of the books on my nightstand right now:



Another fun topic for Friend Makin' Monday! Hope you all have a great week!

QUICK REQUEST: We are almost winning the toy store contest (contest ends on Wednesday!)!! The winner is the most views of the YouTube video. Please take a second to watch ours at the below address and help us win!!



22 comments:

Bitter Sweet Moments said...

Great list...I'm going now to watch your video:)Hope you guys win.

MadeInCanarias said...

I love books too!

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Somehow I forgot the Burt's Bees on my list. Crime, I know.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Great list...

2003beachbunch said...

Thanks for stopping by! It is so much fun to "meet" new friends! My husband is from TX as well! How fun! Love your list!

2Wired2Tired said...

Books made my list too! My husband has the IPhone and he's addicted to it. I'm jealous. We used to use the Bumbo seat when the kiddos were tiny and absolutely loved it.

Happy Friend Makin Monday. Thanks for visiting my blog. I look forward to reading more of yours.

Shawn said...

Love the Message, it's just so real!

Love my Mac. 'nough said!

I'm reading, or trying to read, the TIme Travelers Wife, there's just NO time!

Heather B. said...

I have wanted to read Crazy Love! I may have to go get it. What do you think so far????
Happy FMM!!!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Hi Becca!

Happy FMM! I loved your list. I, too am addicted to reading. I can't go to sleep without a book. I need to get that The Message - sounds rally really good!

And I got an iphone for my birthday - I need to pick your brain to see which apps you think are the best. Will you share them with me?

Have a wonderful night!

XOOX
Jen

Unknown said...

Yes... I thought it would be more wholesale but instead it was over my budget. Maybe next year~

shortmama said...

Books and Burts Bees...love them both!

Nicole said...

Love burts bees! @ my 1st job the manager informed me if I get locked in the store I could eat the products lol I used them rather than eat them!! Cute video GOOD LUCK! Happy FMM!

Christie said...

I love apple products too (although I don't have a mac) and the BeesWax chapstick. I think I'm going to have to look into the book Crazy Love-thanks for the tip.

Good luck with the toy store contest, your video is cute!

Miller Racing Family said...

I have watched the video and passed it along.
I am becoming a mac fan. We do everything at the newspaper with macs so they are becoming a big part of my world.
I am also a huge fan of Burt's Bees. The lip balm was great this summer when I burnt my lips.
Happy FMM!

Unknown said...

Great list Becca! I love books too and will definitely have to check out Crazy Love...sounds like an awesome book and I've never heard of the author?!

Happy FMM!

Connie said...

Great List!

I loved the Bumbo!

I wish I had thought to read at 3:30am...when I needed to go back to sleep.

Brandy said...

Happy FMM! I love your list! I am interested in The Message! Thanks for the heads up!

Brandy@ Loving Blakely

Kelli said...

An online Bible Study...how cool is that. I love books too, best thing ever. I need to get back into my reading. I also love apple products. I don't have any but I've used them and they are wonderful. I'm working my way towards an iPhone.

Jessica said...

The Message sounds like something I need to try! Thanks for sharing that!

Anonymous said...

ooo great list.. I'm not a fan of mac.. mostly because in my opinion overpriced now that they use the same hardware as PCs. But I love my ipod :-). Sorry crazy IT person here ;-). How are you liking your books?

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Great list! I love the Message Bible, too, and Burt's Bees:)

Thanks for dropping by *my place*!

AndreaLeigh said...

i love books as well. my kindle is my new best friend. thank god for the kindle when i was experiencing such horrible morning sickness... it made my days in bed more bearable.

my cousin just gifted me with her baby's bumbo so I am excited to use it when cooper arrives.

i'm so glad to be visiting your blog again. i've missed you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...