Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday DayDreamin': Is Spring Break Here Yet?

Happy Friday!!  I am so excited for Friday Daydreamin'!  I love trolling the internetz with my hot coffee in the morning looking at all your daydreams!! SO hurry - post yours and link up!!



The weather has been sunny most afternoons this week here in Texas which has me longing for Spring (yes, I know it is only January 27th!).  So, I am daydreamin' about our Spring Break plans already.  We are probably not traveling this Spring, but I want to create some fun for the kiddos, so I am looking for fun outdoor (and inexpensive) things to do over the holiday.
The Spring Break before Bubba came, we planned a day trip every day and had so much fun doing it.  One day, we took a tour of the Texas State Capitol and had a great time.  The building is BEAUTIFUL - made of Texas red granite - and has a wonderful museum to hear all about the history.  The kids really enjoyed walking around the inside to see how HUGE it is.  At the time, they were a bit too young to grasp the relevancy of it all, but it was a wonderful day none-the-less. 

My hope is to plan another fun-filled Spring Break this year!!

What are you Daydreamin' about?  Go link up with R We There Yet Mom? now!


9 comments:

Angie said...

Our poor kids usually only get 1 day for Spring Break. They end up taking it from them every year :(

Lisa said...

I'm dreaming of spring break because it's cold and snowy here! :) The Texas State Capitol building is beautiful - would love to visit so many of these wonderful spots in Texas.

Kelli said...

Look at those babies!!! Looks like a lot of fun. I need to figure out whether or not to do something for Spring Break. We're going back to Destin in May so we may just do something simple.

Liz @ Sugarplum Creations said...

Oh I'm definitely dreaming about Spring Break! Though here we're likely to get a week full of pouring down rain :( We're just a couple weeks away from our trip to San Diego, though. YAY! Sunshine here we come! Then I'll finally have something to link up!

MiMi said...

I forgot about spring break. I'm jumping all the way to summer!

Connie said...

That sounds like fun!

Aleah | SolitaryWanderer.com said...

I'm daydreaming about the 70-day solo Europe backpacking trip I'll start next week! Have a good week! (Dropping by from the Budget Travelers Sandbox Travel Photo Thursday)

Sophie said...

It's a ton of snow outside my window now. Beautiful, but loads of work shovelling and the like, so I'll daydream about a few days on a beach somewhere right now, maybe the Seychelles...

Debbie @ European Travelista said...

We have had such a crazy winter but I do long for spring when it is cold. The sunny warm days are heaven sent!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...