Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My Kind of Christmas Tree

After finding so many fun Christmas ideas on Pinterest the last few weeks, I decided to try my hand (no pun intended) at one of them.

I bring you, the handprint Christmas tree that I am just giddy about......
First you grab a stinkin'-cute 2 year old who loves to have his hand painted.....
And start pressing that hand down - the messier the better - I love nothing more than those cubby fingers!!
Get the older two involved. We went by hand size to shape the tree.
And Brody has the biggest hands - he formed the base.
Once it dried fully, we used our fingers to "decorate" the tree.


Matt & I even added our fingerprints down on the bottom.
I hid the kids names by writing them in very discreetly under their hands.  And now I have a keepsake that was incredibly easy to make and even a little fun.  Maybe I can do this crafty stuff after all..... nah, let's not push it.


6 comments:

Shawn said...

I love it! And yes, you can do that crafty stuff after all, that precious canvas is all the proof you need!

Emmy said...

You can!! You did it! Great job

Connie said...

That looks GREAT! You all did an amazing job!

Chell said...

LOVE! Great Job!!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

O how I love this! I want to do one now too! Love!

Rhonda said...

So cute Becca! That will be so fun to look at in the years to come! I love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...