It's the last day of August!! Wow - it was hot, it was busy, it was hot, it was tiring, it was hot......
ok, enough about the heat already.
Why not focus on some FUN that we had in August! So I am linking up with Emmy Mom to review 10 Things that Made Me Smile this month.
1. Mall Scavenger Hunt -I took Sis and a few friends to "hunt" for 25+ items throughout the mall. It was fun to see my girl hanging out with friends at the mall. I made sure to keep a close distance behind them as they played! (forgive the blurry iPhone photo)
2. Brody's Pick: Lego Store - Not to be outdone by his sister in the last week before school started, Brody picked a trip to the Lego Store for him & a friend. They picked out a box full of legos each from the is HUGE wall of lego pieces. And we had so much fun seeing the Lego Star Wars Death Star & Lego Harry Potter Diagon Alley all built. Only 1000+ pieces and a couple hundred $$$! (again, yucky iPhone pic)
3. Changing Rooms - Sis is ready for her own room, separate from the "Jack & Jill" room she shares with her brother. So we switched rooms around and I am in the process of decorating each room - A Zebra reading room for Sis, A Star Wars room for Brody, and an Alphabet wall for Bubba. Does all this work make me smile? no, not really. But when I asked Bubba to show the babysitter his room last week and he ran right to his new one and pointed to all his toys, that made me smile! :))
4. Feeding the Teachers! Many of you know, I am starting my second year as the PTA president at the kids school. There was TONS of work to do up at school the week before school started. There was not a lot of smiling going on there...but when we provided a lunch to feed all our teachers & staff the day before school started, and almost 100% of it was donated by local delis & sandwich shops, we were grinning from ear-to-ear. The sincere words of appreciation and excitement from our teachers was worth all the effort we put in that week. (yep- another dreadful iPhone pic - where was my Nikon this month??)
5. Last Lake Weekend- We didn't get out much on the boat this summer, so we took one last weekend at the lake before the kids went back to school. I tell ya, nothing is more relaxing than spending the day with my family on our boat in the gorgeous Texas Hill Country! And Bubba is finally starting to enjoy it more!
6. The Glee Project Finale - Did anyone else catch this show this past summer? Well, with my tiny obsession with Glee, this show was a perfect substitute for the real thing. 10 kids "auditioned" for a role on Glee. Sis & I loved it and the one we wanted from the beginning ~ Damian ~ won!! Can't wait to see him (and many of the others - the top 4 were all given some small part) this season!
7. School Started! I think I described my glee here. Their excitement made me smile!!
8. Impromptu Stop at the Park - After taking the kids to school, Bubba & I made a stop at his favorite park. It was such a sweet moment to relish in our time together again. And you can see by his gleeful run, how happy he was to have me to himself again......or maybe he was just thrilled to be out of the car?? hmmmm....
9.Thirty-One- This summer I fell in love with all the amazing Thirty-One bags I saw while in Illinois. I wanted one of everything and I couldn't wait to show everyone back home. So consequently, I decided to become a Consultant. I have had a few parties and have LOVED every minute - it gets me back to my selling roots and I love the products. I won't talk about it too much here on the blog, but I have to show off this adorable tote my girlfriend bought...... If you want one just like it, let me know! :)
10. Hunger Games Trailer - and lastly.......I.CAN.NOT.WAIT.
Hi - I'm a mom of 3 who loves to travel and discover new & fun things to do with my kiddos....and then I love to tell you all about it. I really like social media - some may say I'm addicted to it - so you may see a picture or post or link or more......