Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday Daydreamin': The Sweet Smell of Vacation


I'm linking up for another Friday Daydreamin' with R We There Yet Mom?.  Last week there was only 5 vacation photos to visit - so I am really hoping to see more this week - I have my cup of coffee sitting here ready to dream away........

So, take a minute to admire my lovely vacation photo below, add a photo to your blog and link up!  I promise you, it's the easiest Friday post you'll ever do!!

Now, let's take a trip down to Mexico......


I cleaned out my closet today. (just hang with me) And on one of my shelves, I found this perfume set that I had been given as a gift on a trip a few years ago.  I had never opened it.  I wasn't wearing much perfume at the time, I guess.  

When I opened the gift set and smelled the scent, it took me right back to where I got it - this heavenly resort in Cabo San Lucas smelled of this scent.  I probably sat on my closet floor for a good 20 minutes inhaling this scent and remembering this wonderful trip Matt & I took there.  Margaritas by the infinity pool.  Sleeping with the terrace door open to hear the waves crashing.  Lobster dinner by the bay.  Deep sea fishing.  Many spa treatments.  And this scent.  This heavenly scent.

I am so incredibly happy that I have this perfume gift set.  What a fantastic way to remember an awesome trip!!


8 comments:

Kelli said...

That sounds AMAZING!!! That picture is AMAZING!!! I could use a vacation like this right now.

I'm linking up tomorrow because the 10 Day You Challenge I'm doing has me pick 6 places tomorrow.

Shawn said...

I've been to Cabo twice, it's one of my favorite places!

Beautiful picture...of course!

Amber said...

Mexico seems to be the destination of choice this week!!

Gorgeous picture!

Miller Racing Family said...

What a beautiful photo. We have a smimlar story about some lotion that we had got on our trip to Colorado. It is a Bath and Body Works product. When Trey smells it he always says, we are back in Colorado.
Blessings!

Macey said...

That looks like a postcard!

AndreaLeigh said...

Oh dear, that is beautiful! It relaxes me just looking at that picture.

shortmama said...

That sounds simply divine!

Jen said...

I want to dive in to that picture - NOW :) Gorgeous! Funny how scents can trigger such powerful memories. Right now I'm daydreaming of Costa Rica with Matt. Hopefully soon....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...