Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Want to Know Wednesday 4.20

Photobucket

 3 Fun Friends are asking some serious questions to get us through the Wednesday Hump:

The theme of the Q&A this week is Friendship:

{1} Do you make friends easily?
Yeah- I do -  going to 13 different schools by the time I had graduated, you get pretty accustomed at putting yourself out there and making new friends. I like to have lots of friends - in different circles of my life.

{2} What 3 qualities are a must in a friend?
A Good Sense of Humor- cause who doesn't like to laugh and have a good time?
Straight Talk - It is so important to me to have friends that can speak their mind.  Please don't skirt an issue or lie just because you think it may hurt my feelings - true friends can speak honestly to one another and will still be friends!
Trustworthy - that is so hard to find in this digital age we live in - so many people like to talk and have so many ways to do it now.  However, if I am confiding in you (which I do, I'm pretty open), I expect that you will respect our friendship and not discuss my business with any one else.

{3} What makes you a good friend?
I truly care about you, your family, your life....I want to know more about you and how I can help you.  I will be there for you! :))

{4} Have you ever met a bloggy friend in real life?
Yes I have - In December of 2009, I had the pleasure of meeting Shawn from Seriously.  We were at The World and she drove over to meet me.  It was so fun to meet in person - I think we were both a little nervous - but with a little help with our friend (Mr. Patron) and a mutual desire to run into some VIP college football quarterbacks, we had so much fun!
Also, this past summer, I met Tanya from Miller Racing Family.  She and her sweet kids met us for lunch as we were driving through their great state of Missouri.  The cool thing? It was as if we had been meeting for lunch for years - we just picked up the conversation where our blogs left off.

{5} Who is your best friend? Tell us about them.
Best Friend is so cryptic for me.  I have so many amazing friends in my life, from so many different circles who have all touched me in one way or another.
When I was working, I had such a great network of amazing friends.  Many whom helped me succeed in my career and we are still close to this day.  So many great memories of these friends.....
Though we live far apart, I am close to family as well.  I didn't grow up with sisters, so I don't know what that is like.  But when I joined Matt's family, his sisters became close friends of mine - we still always have a great time when we are together. So many great laughs with these friends....
I make friends in all the social circles I can.....PTA, Bunco, Boot Camp,  or the occasional wine book club.  So many great bottles of wine/book discussions with these friends....
Friends can be made in all sorts of situations...like training for and running a 10K together.  Nothing says "love" like when you are huffing and puffing through mile 5 together.  So many miles with these friends....
I do have a friend that will always be in life no matter where I may live.  Christie came into my life right when God knew I needed a good Christian mom & friend to learn from.  Our families were inseparable for years, and though we live 3 hours apart, not a day goes by that I don't think of her.   And there is never any hesitation in our conversations, never any doubt in our friendship.  Love this friend....
But truly, I married my best friend.  A best friend to me is someone I want to spend forever with - and that we will!  He makes me laugh, he and I have excellent "straight talk" (sometimes too straight), and I completely trust him with my heart.  Love this best friend....

I really do have lots of friends - friends who I can borrow an egg from, friends who I can be honest with, friends I can go to needing advice, & friends who would help me with my kids in a heartbeat.  

I am so very blessed as God has richly filled my life with friends.

I hope he has with yours too.


10 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

friends are a true blessing and you are right God has truly filled your life with blessings.

i love that your hubby is your best friend! LOVE!!

i think that is the way it is suppose to be.

and i agree on the whole friend keeping your confidences.

Unknown said...

It's awesome that God knows when we need certain people in our life and makes it happen.

You are very blessed to have such wonderful friends!!

Impulsive Addict said...

Girl, you have TONS of friends! I love that!

But....you forgot about meeting new blogger friends in less than 30 days! Thanks a lot! We didn't deserve a shout-out?

Enjoy your coffee in the morning!

Shawn said...

Uh oh someone ruffled IA's feathers!

I love that I made your list. I love that we're meeting up again. I love that Matt is your best friend, Babe is mine too. I love that you have the ability to make new friends easily, I'm jealous of that one!

I love this post!

shortmama said...

Looks like you have lots of great friends!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

I love that Matt is your BF. That makes for a healthy marriage! I can't wait for Austin so I can answer Yes to the blogging friend question.
(BTW - mailed you some eggs and a check today.) :) Thanks!

Kelli said...

You are blessed to have such special people in your life and they are blessed to have you. SO jealous that I won't be in Austin. I told Viv to put my picture on a stick and carry me around like I'm there :)

Macey said...

What a sweet post!! This is really beautiful.

Connie said...

You have great friends! I want to be your neighbor soooo badly!

I'm hoping to finally make some local friends once E starts school. I'm counting on you to help me figure out how to navigate the PTA.

Myya said...

Friendship is such an awesome thing! I love that Matt is your BF, my guy is too. I think that is the way it should be!

Totally cracking me up that IA is all hurt about you not mentioning your meet... hee-hee :) LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...