Monday, July 16, 2012

The FOURTH Week of Summer


Fourth Week of Summer!!!!
(June 17th-June 23rd)

The 4th week of summer was a little bit quieter, as we had our BIG Florida & Illinois vacation coming up the next week, so we stayed around the house.....

Father's Day was nice & low-key with a movie (Bubba's first - Madagascar 3 and dinner out!).
And threw a surprise party for my sweet friend - her hubby was in on it and she wasn't quite happy with being plucked out of her home on a Sunday night when all she really wanted to do was put on her pjs and watch True Blood..... 

But she came around and had a great time!
On Monday afternoon, we had the pleasure of staying at the Lakeway Resort & Spa on Lake Travis for the night for R We There Yet Mom.

They had a gorgeous pool and b/c it was a Monday, hardly anyone was there - we had the waterside to ourselves the whole afternoon.

The slide was fun and we had a blast.
I went down the slide over & over and each time I slid around in circles.
They had a 21 & up pool - I'd be lying if I said I wasn't the tiniest bit jealous of these ladies drinking their margaritas.......
It actually was a gorgeous, peaceful resort that we loved staying at.  That evening, we had dinner in their "fancy" restaurant, where Bubba looked out the windows all dinner....

The view was amazing!
And THIS momma enjoyed a glass of wine....

I had a Shirley Temple!
After dinner, we took a walk around the resort and hung out on this balcony watching the boats on Lake Travis and the beautiful sunset - see what I mean about peaceful??

It was extremely loud - the boats. (??) I wanted to know why the docks were not connected to the land.
At one point, I found the perfect lighting for pictures, so I lined the kids up - Bubba is saying, "cheese" for this one.
But then something on the lake catches his eye......
BOAT!!!!

He screamed every time he saw a boat!
I wasn't paying attention......
The next day, we were asked to check out their Kid's Zone, where we found a GaGa Pit - my kids LOVE GaGa - it is basically dodgeball from the knees down.  And it is soooooooooo much fun.  I totally cam home wanting to build my own GaGa pit in our backyard - seriously, I looked up plans online......

Best. Game. EVER!
This was the first time I had ever played it after hearing mom & Sis talk about it for over a year! I played over & over.
The rest of the week flew by as we prepared for vacation - lots of laundry, cleaning, and packing.  But I did find time to make everyone some Car Ride Packs - snacks, activity books, 20 Questions, and a Traveling Photo Scavenger Hunt.

The hardest thing to find was a motorcycle with a sidecar.
We started out all smiles.....

I was so excited!!  Really??  I really was!
Especially this one - I am so lucky to have kids who don't mind traveling long distances in the car......
I attempted to get a picture of every state sign - I think this is the only one I got......
As soon as you drove into Louisiana, you saw swamps everywhere, so were were on the lookout for some alligators.....

We didn't find any though mom!
But all we found was this lonely tiger at a gas station.....  Apparently, it's a mascot?


Sissy provided commentary in pink.
Brody provided commentary in blue.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

It looks like you had a great time! The photos give a display of your family's excellent time. I heard Texas had great water parks; turns out that they really do. I cant wait to plan a Texas Vacation for my 2013 summer trip. Thanks for the post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...