Thursday, April 5, 2012

She's 11???

My babygirl turns 11 today......



Has 11 years really gone by that quickly?

Where did my precious baby girl go?  Where did my dancing toddler go?  Where did my rambunctious kindergartner go?  Where did my passionate 3rd grader go?

Ugh.  Why does it go so fast?  Days like this make you want to put the brakes on.  I am so very proud of the young woman she becoming, yet so regretful of the time that is gone.  Did I hug her enough?  Did I tell her she is amazing enough?  Did I play with her enough?  Did I teach her enough?

Did I spend enough time with her? never.....

It's moments like these that motherhood is hard - you want them to become strong, independent people, yet you want to hold them and protect them forever....

All you have to do is be thankful for the precious gift that God gave to you and you will know that you did the best you could.

Happy 11th Birthday to my Sweet Girl.  I love you.


6 comments:

Angie said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter!
Hope she has a wonderful day.
Times passes too quickly doesn't it?

Jan said...

These old grandparents don't know how our little Morganne could possibly be 11 years old! Happy Birthday, Sweet Girl! Can't wait to see you this summer!

Connie said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful Girl!

Macey said...

I love that last part about being thankful for the gift God gave you...Happy Birthday to your pretty girl!

Xazmin said...

Awww...love the picture collage!

I hope she had a wonderful birthday.

And you put it all beautifully - I feel exactly the same way as my kiddos grow up!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

I love that you do these each year for the kids. Happy (belated) birthday to Sissy. xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...