Thursday, April 19, 2012

Friday Daydreamin': I Need a Vacation with my Hubby!


Happy Friday! Whew! We have a busy weekend with the School Spring Carnival tonight (my last as PTA President - bittersweet? nah), 2 Soccer games, and 2 Scout commitments.  So before all that fun starts, I thought I'd do a little daydreamin.....

I am missing one-on-one time with my honey today.  We haven’t been very purposeful and gone on vacation together without kids in a long, long time.  Excuses? We got 'um: We want to do vacations with the kids, it's too expensive, we don't have anyone to watch them, or my favorite - we just end up thinking about how much the kids would like where we are and what we are doing.  Blah...blah..blah.... I'm not gonna whine anymore.
Just remember.  

We had an amazing Mediterranean Cruise in 2007 and this was our favorite stop.  Portofino, Italy.  We loved sitting on the patio with a glass of red wine.  Life slowed down a bit and we relaxed and enjoyed each others company.

We will do this again.  Soon.

Check out what everyone else is daydreamin' about over at R We There Yet Mom?


5 comments:

Myya said...

Isn't it funny how when you become a parent you can't really imagine being anywhere where you know they would love too.
Great picture of you two! Alone time is a great thing, My hubs & I need to find more time for it as well.

Lisa said...

Great photo of the two of you! We haven't been away for more than 3 nights without the kids since Katie was born - it's just too hard for elderly grandparents to keep up with them and their schedules for any longer than that. Would love to get some time away but at the same time I miss them if we go without them.

Macey said...

I want that too!

Steve said...

Lori and I get away without the kids quite often, but the grief we get from them for doing it almost makes it not worth the trouble. It's getting better as they get older though. We can bring them with us, and leave them in the hotel room while Mom & Dad have a date night wherever we are. They like that better than fancy restaurants anyways.

Connie said...

What a great picture!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...