Friday, July 29, 2011
In honor of celebrating 16 years with my one & only today, here are 16 things I love about him, our family, and our life together:
1. You coach Sis's soccer team (and have for 6 years now). I have an enormous amount of pride for you as a father watching you take that leadership role in her life.
2. I love how your favorite cereal is Fruity Pebbles.
3. When I met you, you were in uniform. It still gives me shivers down my spine to see you in cammo.
4. Our youngest runs to you, yelling, "DaDa!" every time he sees you - that is pure love.
5. I love how gruff your voice is after you watch a soccer game.
6. You love to read. I love to read. Our kids love to read.
7. I used to not want to fly overseas to travel. Then I traveled to France, Italy, Ireland, & England with you. When can we go back?
8. The first meal I ever made you was lasagna. To this day it is still my favorite meal to make for you.
9. Our middle looks up to you - he loves to talk about sharks, hunting, fishing, boating, dinosaurs...all boy stuff. Thank goodness he has you to discuss those important topics with.
10. As much as I tease you, it is incredibly endearing to see the loyalty you have to one team. 16+ soccer jerseys? or is it more?
11. I will always remember your reactions to each of our children's births. You were a rock for me, and a puddle of emotions for them. love.
12. A gorgeous ring for my first Mother's Day. A diamond strand for my 30th. Matching earrings for Christmas. You always surprise me with such great taste.
13. You look good driving a truck.
14. I am my happiest when we are cruising Lake LBJ on the boat with the kids.
15. You like to laugh at me. That's ok. I'm happy I can still make you laugh.
16. People still talk about how fun our wedding was. It was one of the best nights of my life.
16 years ~ 9 address ~ 14 cars ~ 21 vacations ~ 3 children ~ a lifetime of memories
I love you.