Don't you just love the relationships you have built through the blogging community? I have grown to feel that some of these ladies are dear friends. Like my newly-40-year-old-friend-who-doesn't-even-look-close-to-that, Shawn.....just a few states East of me. I had the pleasure of meeting Shawn IRL (in real life, duh) last December. She and I have remained close and a few weeks ago, this arrived in my mailbox:
a few fun books, a notepad, super-cute matching paper plates & napkins (not pictured) and a bottle of her favorite poppy seed dressing! What fun! Wouldn't you like to get a box full of goodies like this in the mail??
And when she tagged me last week in a fun game, I just had to play along!
This is a fun one. She was tagged with 8 questions and in turn, she tagged 8 others with 8 questions of her own. Let's see if I can keep this going.
1. If you could go to one place, all expenses paid, where would you go?
Back to Italy. Matt & I traveled there in the summer of 2007 and it was amazing. We were on a Mediterranean Cruise, so we only had 1 day in each location. It had by far, the best food I have ever eaten in my life. Given the opportunity, I would rent a home in Tuscany for a month, where I would learn to cook, visit wineries, and travel the entire country.
2. Do you coupon? If you do, what are your secrets?
Um, what's a coupon? Just kidding. I occasionally clip and then by the time I sort what I need from the store, I have about 3 to use for the week. I'm convinced that if I use more, I'll end up buying things I don't need and that would be a waste. Hmm...isn't that what the supermarkets want??
3. If you had one thing to do over, what would it be and why?
I wish I had gone to a larger university ~ Last night we drove past DKR Memorial Stadium in downtown Austin when it was full with students & alumni for the University of Texas/Wyoming game. It was amazing!! I have so many friends who went to UT and their lifelong allegiance is enviable. Not saying I want to bleed burnt orange, but I did miss out on that collegiate experience.
4. Are you an organized clean freak or a less than tidy, "tomorrow's another day, it can wait" kind of girl? What does your house look like right now?
I never really cared about being neat & tidy until I met my hubby, who is a clean freak-a-zoid. So, he has rubbed off on me and I typically can't relax until all is clean. So, I would say that 80% of the time, my house is clean-o-rama. But that doesn't mean I like it.....
5. Toilet paper...Over or Under? And are you compulsive enough to change it somewhere else?
Over...but isn't that a little TMI Shawn???
6. Your talking to a group of people and someone has something in their teeth or their nose. Do you tell them, ignore it, or excessively rub your tongue over your teeth or run your finger under your nose until they get the hint?
I'm bad. I try desperately to ignore - I don't want to embarrass them..... But then I end up staring at it more b/c I'm trying not to stare at it. Oh so uncomfortable.....
7. You're out and about and you see a friend's husband with another woman. What do you do? Address him on the spot, call him the next day and give him an ultimatum or tell your friend?
I DON'T assume the worst. This could be a business meeting, or his cousin?? So, I make a point to say hello. If he is guilty of doing something wrong, he will seek me out to explain later.
8. What is the best piece of advice you've ever gotten? What was it and who gave it to you?
"Wait 24 hours to respond" - This was given to me by a mentor of mine. When you receive an email, letter, phone call, etc. that really fires you up, sleep on it before respond. You will be much more cordial and might see things differently in your response once you have given yourself time to "cool down".
And "Before you speak up in a meeting, ask yourself if what you are going to say is beneficial to the whole group or just you?" Don't you hate being in a meeting with that person who asks a question that only benefits them? Or talks just to hear themselves speak? Don't be that person!
My 8 Questions?
1. Where were you born? and your parents? what is your ancestry?
2. What is your least favorite memory from those awkward high school days?
3. Grab your favorite photo you have ever taken. Tell us why it's your favorite.
4. What song instantly picks you up and makes your day go even better?
5. How did you & your husband meet? Tell us the love story!
6. What is your favorite snack?
7. What was your first concert? Tell us what you remember about it!
8. What makes you the happiest?
And who wants to play? I'm picking YOU!
Tanya @ Miller Racing Family
Connie @ The Young & The Restless
MiMi @ He & Me +3
Rhonda @ Down Memory Lane
Kelli @ Outside My Kitchen Window
Charon@ Surrounded By Boys
Lyndsey @ Faith, Family, & Friends
Angie @ Our Simple Life
Actually, I'd love for all of you to join in the fun. If you are looking for something fun to blog about, jump in with these 8 easy questions!
Thanks Shawn - it was fun to post! Have fun my 8!!