Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Ten Things to Smile About: February

February 29 - Leap Day!  Are you doing anything fun to celebrate with your family???  We are going to have brinner for dinner (breakfast for dinner) and make a Leap Year Time Capsule! (check out what that is here)  I'm so excited - remember?  I like to make a big deal out of everything ....drives my family bananas. 

And because it is the last day of the month, I like to join Emmy Mom's recap of "Ten Things to Smile About this Month."  Here we go:
The one thing that has made me smile all month long is becoming a "Quirky Momma!!" Quirky Momma is a Kids Activity Blog that recently added new writers and I was picked to be one of them.  I post every Monday at 4 pm CST - my first one was about planning a Spring Break Staycation.  Check out this amazing blog!  I write alongside some amazing moms who come up with the most creative ideas of fun activities to do with your kiddos!
 This guy had his first Valentine's Day party!!  These are the treats we took in for his classmates.  Thank you Pinterest.
 I also was able to go tot Sissy's & Brody's classroom Valentine's Day Parties.  This is Brody's desk at school - no hearts, kisses, or LOVE for this boy!! Check out his Valentine's Day box that we made last year out of cammo duct tape - we are hoping it makes it another 2 years! :))
 I came out of a ONE hour PTA meeting and was greeted with 30 text messages - all from my Cali girls - seems a group text conversation can go on with out me (huh?).  Try catching up with 30 texts- it's hard! I don't want to hear any of you make a crack about my App Store updates...I'm lazy.....
 I am blessed to live in a city that has so much to do!!  I smiled all day long on President's Day as we toured Austin.  Starting with the Cathedral of Junk.  Read all about our visit over on R We There Yet Mom.
 Another thing we did on our tour of Keeping Austin Weird was to take pics in front of all these great murals peppered all over Austin.  Anyone who is a fan of my blog knows this is my favorite!!  But what makes me smile at this pic?  Brody.  I took over 25 of the same pic and he is doing the same thing in every single one of them.
 But then he perks up and smiles at our favorite pizza joint.  Anyone will smile at our favorite pizza place in Austin, HomeSlice!
 Last week, Bubba and I had a mom & me excursion to the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center.  He ran all the paths, we sat on every bench there was and had a wonderful time.  And I was able to capture this sweet moment....
 This past weekend, I had the privilege of making homemade Petit Fours for my cousin's wedding shower with my 85 year old grandmother.  She made them for my mother's wedding shower umpteen years ago.  They were hard!!  We both agreed this would be the first (mine) and last (both) time we would make them homemade!  But what a wonderful memory I have now!!
And on Sunday, the entire McBeth Clan featuring 4 generations all got together for brunch.  Sweet memories!






7 comments:

Macey said...

Alls I know is I want that pizza.
Dang it.

Macey said...

Okay, and the little cakes too.

Macey said...

Goldfish are good too.

Emmy said...

Yea!!! Great list. Those petit fours do look like a ton of work but they turned out great and what an awesome experience making them. Love love your sons v-day box, that is so awesome!! And with duct tape- very clever.
Thanks so much for linking up

Kelli said...

How, HOW do you do it all? I wanna be just like you when I grow up! This post definitely made me smile.

Impulsive Addict said...

You know all that red is giving me a heart attack, right? Let's take care of that, m'kay?

You are Miss Popular!! =)

Connie said...

I'm going to tell you a secret.






I sent a gift bag to school for my son's valentines. My husband saw everyone bringing these elaborately decorated boxes to school and Erick had a bag.

He called me on his way to work to tell me I was a failure!!!

That will NEVER happen again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...