Monday, March 28, 2011

Will Run for.......

I love to run. There I said it.  Call me a freak - but ever since I started last Winter, and then ran a half-marathon in the fall, it has become my favorite way to burn the calories.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not out there with a big smile on my face, jogging on air to the 'Chariots of Fire' song.  In fact, I am a sweaty mess, huffing & puffing as I push my 25-lber in a jogging stroller - I don't have the best form and I grumble to myself as I go,  but I love the way it makes me feel.  And I love the way I can push myself - it allows me to be competitive with myself...

sounds crazy.

i know.

mra

Every year, the Austin American Statesman puts on the Capitol 10K and this year my girlfriend convinced me to run it with her.  But we thought it'd be even more fun to get as many friends as we could to run it with us (or walk- we didn't care).

Altogether, we were able to get 17 ladies from Round Rock out to run yesterday!  Hence the creation of the "Real Housewives of Round Rock!"
And what will we run for???
and what did I run for??? 
 we'll talk more about that after the 6.2 miles.....
 what's a little run between friends anyways?
 or how about a few of my 23,000 closest friends??
 the race started up Congress Ave toward the State Capitol.
there was something so very cool about running up Congress- I couldn't take enough pics.....and I had promised Mel I wouldn't take that many......
and we did it - 1:02 15sec - we were excited considering we hadn't really trained that hard for it.....I mean, we had Spring Break..... :)
 My sweet friend Dolly, who despises running, "ran" the race - and didn't sweat any of her makeup off - doesn't she look great fro just completing the run???  Not me - see all red-faced and sweaty - not a bit glamorous.....
 I was just thrilled she had run it - kept telling me for months that she was only doing it for the shirt.  Wanna guess what the back of her shirt said??

Will Run for the T-Shirt.

 It was a fun fun fun race - lots of hilarious costumes - like this one - mom close your eyes -
And it was really great to get a bunch of friends to accomplish something big like this together.  And we all celebrated afterwards....
 And this momma got her Texas Martini.

BTW, our awesome shirts came from MyRaceRagz.com.  Kevin helped us with them and he was incredibly helpful.  If ever you need racing shirts - please consider using them.  I can't say more great things about my experience. And we had more compliments on them.  Many folks wanting to know where i was headed after the race.
follow me to Chuy's.....


15 comments:

Shawn said...

Dang it I thought for sure you were running for Girl Scout Cookies!

Way to go, I don't know how you do it but one thing's for sure you look amazing!

Impulsive Addict said...

Wow. I was sooooo close. I knew it was for alcohol though. Because you are a lush like me.

Okay...maybe not as much as me but whatev.

Are you like super tall or do you just have really short friends?

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Is a Texas Martini the same thing as a margarita...? Cuz if so, I was right!
Great job! I am super impressed!
:)

Macey said...

I wouldn't run for anything.
Unless a zombie was after me and then chances are I'd just push someone else in it's path.
Congratulations!

Myya said...

I'm still laughing at Mimi.

I so want to run. I want to start so then it will become routine. Sadly that hasn't happened yet.

You guys are awesome! LOVE that you all had something different on your shirts.

Mom said...

I don't get it. Mom

April said...

Someone would have to be chasing me.
But looks like ya'll had a blast! You go girl!

Anonymous said...

What fun! Looks like you guys had so much fun!

Connie said...

HA!!! You're Mom doesn't get it. That's good....don't tell her.

I want to love to run sooooo badly. I've tried running twice now and I have so much trouble.

I'd run for Pinot.

Kelli said...

That is awesome! I love those T-shirts and look at your tiny waist!! Glad you got your martini...till the next race :)

Kelly said...

That race looked like so much fun with friends! I love the one that says "Will run for me...it's cheaper than therapy" - how true is that?!

I totally get it...I *need* my running. I haven't found anything healthy that makes me feel the same way as a good run. I don't necessarily enjoy the running piece of it while I'm doing it but I totally love how I feel after a good run!

So happy for you :)

Misty said...

That is AWESOME! Good for you!

Xazmin said...

Looks like so much fun! I know how you feel about the sense of accomplishment running gives. Don't ever fall out of the habit! Because I am having the hardest time getting back into it!

What a fun day out for a good group of friends!

jennykate77 said...

The run looks like SO much fun!!

I love the pic that you sent us...nice packages! Makes me LOL.

I'll be expecting one of those Texas Martinis when I'm in Austin. Mmkay?!

Christie in Dallas, TX said...

I say you deserve a couple of Texas Martinis after that run! Congrats on a great time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...