Thursday, November 3, 2011

Friday Daydreamin': Ski School for Me!!

Yay!! It's Friday! And this momma is ready to Daydream!! Link up your favorite vacation photos with R We There Yet Mom's Friday Daydreamin'!!


I have skied twice in my life - both as a teenager and both times I ended up on my rear the majority of the time.  This winter, I want to go skiing.
Matt has gone skiing a number of time with a group of guys.  He always brings back these amazing photos of gorgeous white powder peaks and cool, crisp air.  I always end up jealous of the fun he had.

I want to find a fun snow suit (hot pink & black!!), find a fun condo with a hot tub (cause don't all ski trips involve a hot tub??) and GO!!  The ski resort has to be in Colorado (cause I MUST visit my girl Connie on this trip) and we are going with just the 2 of us - no kids.   Once I conquer ski school and the easy slopes (blue diamonds?? clearly, I don't know how to ski....), I will spend the majority of the day curled up by the fireplace in the lodge drinking hot cocoa with peppermint schnapps reading a good girlie book.

Sounds like a plan.

What are you daydreaming about today??  Link up over at R We There Yet Mom? now!!


7 comments:

Impulsive Addict said...

i hope you get to book your ski trip! It sounds like you'll have fun especially if you get to see Connie! I suck at all skiing...including water and snow. I tried to kill myself both times.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I can cross-country ski but I'm too much of a chicken to downhill ski. I'd just do the reading by the fireplace part.

Steve said...

LOL, I live on a ski mountain and I hate skiing. Lori too. Of course, since skiing is part of gym class at school up here, two of my three kids have decided they love it. I don't understand the appeal of doing something for recreation that involves freezing and frostbite.
That being said, I too hope that you get to go to Colorado and enjoy your time on the mountain. The lodge sounds like fun!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

That sounds so fun!!! Especially the cozy by the fire part. :)

Sonja said...

Be careful - it's a dangerous sport! But sure is fun.

Macey said...

Me likes the cozy by the fire part the best! Getting OFF the ski lift can be...tricky. LOL

Shawn said...

I've been skiing once, I gave up!

We were going to try to make a trip to Montana this Spring Break but couldn't make the dates work with work and school. Bummer. I guess there's always next year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...