Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Yes Son, it's time

We are ready to potty train.

no....

I am ready to potty train. My little bubba is not.

Back in February, it started with excitement.

Let's pick out some awesome big boy panties (yes, I call them panties despite my hubby insisting I call them underwear- that's so boring.....)!!!

And grab a bag of M&Ms- you get one each time you go potty!!! Woo-Hoo!!

Based on this picture, who do you think was more excited?
We were ready & fired up- who can resist a Cars potty seat, M&Ms, & Toy Story AND Cars 2 panties?????
So we sat........

And we sat......

And lo & behold, this boy can "tee-tee" on command!!  Every hour we'd sit on the potty - it was great- we got it down!

We even had a few poopies on the potty (who care if it was a race to the potty when the urge started at the dinner table or in the bathtub- they still count!)!!

But could he ever tell me when he needed to go??
PLEASE????

Nope.  So we did a lot of washing.  And I put it on hold a few months - what good does it do to tee-tee in the potty on command but not when you have to actually go?  Momma isn't gonna be taking you to the potty every hour on the hour for the rest of your life......

And now we are back in denial.

Bubba, want to go tee-tee on the potty??

NO!!

Want to get an M&M??

NO!!


Yesterday, while at the HEB, I let him pick out Cars 2 Pull-ups "So cool! Look Bubba - these have Cars 2 on them that disappear when they get wet-I guess that means we don't ever want them to get wet, right?"

NO!!

Let's put them in the cart and you can wear one when we get home!

NO!!

Y'all - he climbed up my cart and yanked them out and threw them on the floor when I was grabbing something else! I put them back in.

NO!!

He then proceeded to do the same thing but this time, took them back down the aisle to the end cap and placed them back on the shelf where we got them.

NO!!

Am I ever going to hear a YES!! in this process????

NO!!

Thanks, that's what I thought.

Linking up with my ladies, Impulsive Addict & Seriously Shawn - who I get to personally hang with again in less than 8 days!!!






10 comments:

Darling's said...

LOVE the naked cowboy boot photo! Hang in there!!!

Connie said...

That picture is PRECIOUS!!

Let him stay in diapers.....once you potty train them, the next thing you know they are in Kindergarten!

Connie said...

What I'm trying to say is.....

Potty training seems to be the gateway drug to kids growing up.

Robin said...

Insert wolf whistle!! woo wooo!

Impulsive Addict said...

That's funny! We just talked about this today! At least you got him to poo on the potty. Ugh. She's got the pee pee thing down. It's the poo that makes me want to slit my wrist with a dull potato chip.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Macey said...

The picture.
Kills. Me.
That makes my day. Seriously.

Angie said...

Cutest picture ever!!!
How old is he? My son is almost 2 and we haven't even started potty training yet. Honestly I don't think I'll even try till he's at least 2 1/2 or 3. His communication is still not great so I figure it will be a waste until he can actually tell me what he needs to do.

Emmy said...

Oh so not looking forward to this. Ryder will be two next month and so I know it is coming soon. Love that first picture, so perfect for Texas :)

Shawn said...

There seems to be a lot of bloggers out there struggling with potty training right now. It makes me happy that 1- I am DONE with that portion of Motherhood and 2-that my girls both were trained before their 2nd birthday in less than a week!

Thanks for linking up sweet friend...see you in a week!

Mrs. Match said...

that naked cowboy boots picture is too precious for words.
Good luck with the training. All I can say as at least you're not like my friend CW. Her little boy holds it in, to the point where they had to take him to the ER to get a week's worth of poo poo cleaned out. OUCH!!!
I love the ideas you've come up with. Hopefully one of them does the trick.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...