Monday, November 8, 2010

FMM: Top 10 of 2010

Good Morning Friends!!!  I hope you are all doing well this fine Monday morning.  It finally feels like fall here in Texas - so what if "fall" is a brisk 50 degrees in the morning and 80 by noon, we'll take it!

My sweet friend Kenlie from All the Weigh has been hosting Friend Makin' Monday for a few months and asked me to host this week.  Just to give a little history, when I first began blogging, I found a little Monday fun through this bloggy carnival and met many of my bloggy friends through it.  I haven't participated as much any more (life gets in the way) but thought it would be fun to host.  Friend Makin Monday is a great way to visit new blogs, get to know your friends better  and make new ones along the way.  If you'd like to participate, simply answer the question below and add you post to the linky below.  Make sure you visit atleast 5 other blogs and leave comments...we all love the comment love!!!  So, thank you Kenlie for asking...and now, on to the question!


November is a great month to reflect on all we have to be Thankful for.  First to come to mind are my Faith, my Family, my Friends, our Health, and our Happiness.  I wanted to take it one step further and reflect on what I have been blessed with this year......what is it that I am specifically thankful for in 2010?

What is you Top 10 of 2010?

10.  Losing 56 pounds.  Yes I did.  

9.  Summering in Illinois.  Playing in tunnels with my kids, exhausting ourselves in Chicago, swimming all day...it was wonderful.

8.  Skinny Girl Margaritas.  (yes, I am thankful to have my beloved margarita at a third of the calories - don't judge me...click here if you want the recipe)

7.  Dedicating Ian to God.
6.  Pursuing my own company, Darling Memories.  Just a little business, but it's mine.  I have a very exciting Christmas Idea!!  Hop on over when you have some time!!

Darling Memories


5.  Running my first half-marathon. in 6 days...yikes!
4.  Reading 100 books as a family this summer.  It kick-started something with my family - we always have a book close by.


3. Becoming PTA President of my kid's school.  (yes, I am thankful for this opportunity to volunteer in my children's school.....as time consuming as it is.....)


2. Hunger Games.  Hands Down the BEST book I read all year.  Absolutely one of the best books I have ever read in my life.  I don't have time to explain how good it is.....click on over to Amazon and order it now.  Here is the link. You're welcome.

1.  Celebrating 15 years with the man I love.

That was so much harder than I thought. I really have so much to be thankful for that I found it difficult to narrow it down to just 10.  I hope you take the time to reflect on what God has blessed you with in 2010.  Join us!





21 comments:

Kenlie said...

I love this topic! Thank you for hosting Darling. :) ::hugs::

Tracy @photographybytracycook.com said...

Thankful for my amazing little boy even if we are entering the terrible twos. :)

Heather Forcey said...

The Hunger Games changed me! The book and series is THAT good! Love your list!

Shawn said...

Great topic, this is the month to find THANKFULNESS. I will link up later today.

Honey gave me that book, and the two sequels, months ago. I have got to find the time to read it!

Kelli said...

Well you go girl! I loved reading this list...you are amazing and I'm so glad that we met through FMM.

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

I love that I met you through FMM more than a year ago! I love the top 10. I will have to think about it and try to get a post up. (It figures you would try to make us think!;)
I will for sure go and visit some new people.
xoxo

Kati said...

Love the post! Happy Monday to you, and I look forward to following :)

shortmama said...

I definitely needed this topic this week! Great timing!

jennykate77 said...

I love all of the things you're thankful for!!! It's such a wonderful list that tells so much about the woman you are...you're awesome!!

I'll be back later to link up!♥

jennykate77 said...

Oh, and can I just say that I'm SO HAPPY you gave the Hunger Games a try!! I love that you love it! It is definitely a book that changes your life...give you a different perspective and makes you think about things. Amazing that a YA book can do all of that! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting today, I'm off to work on my list right now. I definitely needed this today, so important to focus on our blessings!

God bless!
Trudy

Staci said...

I celebrated my 15th anniversary this year too! The Hunger Games was an AWESOME book! The best I have read in a while :)

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

That is a great post!! I loved reading all of the fantastic things that have happened this year!

56 pounds - wow! That is wonderful! I loved Hunger Games too - great book!

xox
Jen

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Wow. 56 pounds . . . AWESOME! I am so proud of you!! It's been such a long time since I participated in FMM :)

Ambrosia said...

I'm your newest follower! I love reading your top 10. It's nice to stop and think of all the positive things that happened over the last year!

LaVonne said...

I Loved reading your top ten :) Great things to be thankful for.

I am a big fan of THG too. I loved them.

Congratulations on losing the weight. I am envious.

Blessings to you!

Rhonda said...

It's been a long time since I've participated in FMM too, but I remember meeting you there! I'm so glad I did!

I am so proud of you!!! 56 lbs. and running a half marathon! You go girl...very inspiring!

You are blessed my friend!

Xazmin said...

Boo that I missed out on FMM! I used to love participating too...but sort of slacked off after a while!

Congrats on the weight loss! That is fantastic...you must be so proud!

I also have so much to be greatful for. I love this time of year, really reflecting on all our blessings!

paige said...

Hi, this is my first time to your blog. Nice list! That book sounds great! I might have to add that to the list.

AndreaLeigh said...

I'm so sorry I linked up late! Crazy week.

I love your list. You have certainly accomplished so much this year, and all with three kids, one of which is a baby? Girl, I aspire to be you. Seriously.

Renee said...

I wondered if anyone was hosting FMM. I have missed all the fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...