Friday, June 4, 2010

A Texas-Sized Flip Flop Exchange Take 2

          

       Ahhhhhh Summer is finally here and it's time for flip-flop season!!  Here in Texas, it's all we wear from June 1 to Aug 22 (First day of school for us).  So you know that we have several pairs in our closet here.  But you can never have enough!


         Who's ready for the Second Annual Bloggy Flip Flop Exchange (BFFE)??  We tried this last summer and it was a great success.  We had a little over 20 participants, so let's try to double that this year!!
         What's a BFFE?? Would you like a new pair of flip flops to arrive on your doorstep within weeks?  Would you like to get to know a new bloggy friend?  Maybe you'd like to send someone something cool from your state?  It all can be done here at the Texas Darling blogspot  (ok....too much commercial there, I know).  This year I thought it might be fun to include the kids too.  Maybe extend theirs out to more of a penpal for the summer program.  And with summer already starting, we are going to do this QUICK.  Like next week.  Here's how it will work:

Adults Bloggy Flip Flop Exchange
One. If you would like to participate, send me an email that includes your full mailing address, blog address, and flip flop size by Saturday, June 12, 2010.

Two.  On Sunday, June 13, you will receive an email with your BFFE partner's information.  Please take the time to visit their blog and learn more about them.

Three. By Friday, June 18, mail your flip flops to your BFFE partner along with mementos from your home state (so they can learn more about you as well). Some ideas include a postcard, local delicacy (someone got homemade fudge sauce last year- jealous!), key chain, etc.  Don't spend more than $20 total for your package.

Four.  Blog about the flips you have received - show us some pictures!! For example, I loved this pic from last year.  Bonus points for the most creative shot of you in your flip flops!!!


Kids Bloggy Flip Flop Exchange
Let's have fun with our kids too!  My goal in this is to make a new friend in another state that my kids can write to and send cool stuff to over the summer.  Nothing big, maybe a postcard or information about their state.  I will send out a suggested list of things to do with your bloggy friend for the summer.  We can make this both fun and educational for the kids!  I think my older 2 will get a kick out of receiving stuff in the mail box. Boys are included too!  And let's start it out with the flip flop exchange!






One. If you would like to participate, send me an email that includes your child's full mailing address,  and flip flop size by Saturday, June 12, 2010. Please send me a separate email for the kids (from yours).

Two.  On Sunday, June 13, you will receive an email with your child's BFFE partner's information.  

Three. By Friday, June 18, mail your flip flops to your kid's BFFE partner along with mementos from your home state (so they can learn more about you as well). Some ideas include a postcard, local delicacy, key chain, etc.  Don't spend more than $12 total for your package.

         There we go!  Totally easy and totally fun!  And the kids get to have fun too.  Lastly, please help me get the word out - mention the Bloggy Flip Flop Exchange in a posting of yours this week and I will send you a little something as a way of thanks (please make sure I know about it).  The more participants we have, the more variety of new bloggy friends!  Thanks for helping make this a success.  Now don't sit on it, send me an email!





25 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I will join in. Sounds fun.

Shawn said...

I'm in again this year and will post all about it tomorrow!

I will ask Peanut if she's interested, what a great idea to get the little ones involved!

Oh, I promise not to send anyone oil as a memento from my beautiful soon to be be oil covered state!

Anonymous said...

oo I am in.. I will send you my info now :-)

Kenlie said...

I'm in again..loved it last year..so glad it's back! :) I'll send my info soon!

Anonymous said...

Sure, I'll join in! I wear the flip flops from last year ALL the time!! :) And glad Kenz is in again--she really did like the FF I sent! Yay!

Nicolasa @ {My}Perspective said...

How fun! I'll join in!

Connie said...

So fun! I can't wait!

~ Just Jen said...

Just found your blog via tatertots and jello! Love the flop exchange and just emailed you my daughter's and my information. Looking forward to it!

~Just Jen

Crystal said...

Just emailed you my info!

Unknown said...

So fun! Can't wait to get started!

Jen said...

In! Email on the way...

Fleur de Bee said...

Found you from my friend Jen's blog Tatertots and Jello! Count me in...I am making some creative flip flops already for some of my swap partners and would love to join in this swap as well! I have a daughter too so I'll email you our info. HOW FUN!! Nice to "meet" you!

xo Molly

Unknown said...

I would love to join up again! :) Is it okay if I don't have a child to do it with me?

niki said...

Woo hoo! I signed up and I signed my daughter up too! I also shared it on my blog!!!

http://niki-itsjustus.blogspot.com/

Miller Racing Family said...

Girl, I am totally in. I loved the exchange last year and I still wear those flip flops all the time. Count me in for the adult exchange!

Kelly said...

I just found your blog through the Miller Racing Family and I am so in! Just sent you an email :)

Looking forward to it! Thanks for coordinating!

Ruth said...

Just found your blog. How fun. I am going to send you an email for my daughter. I am going to pass though, because I have huge wompin feet and have to wear my husband's flip flops.

jennykate77 said...

You know you can count me in!!! I already emailed you the info! Can't wait!!

Teresa said...

Just emailed you to join in and love the idea so much I just posted about it: www.itisagoodday.blogspot.com.

Thanks! -- Teresa

Denissa said...

How fun! Hope I'm not too late to join in!! I'll email you my info..

Thanks!
Denissa

TLF said...

I'm so bummed I missed this! :(

Hallie said...

I am so bummed to have missed this too!!! If you still hav room to join we would love to do it (me and two little girls) and could still have them mailed on time!!!

Hallie

www.ourbrokenroad.blogspot.cm

Hallie said...

I can't get your email to come up (I don't use outlook) Could you email me at my address? wpooh_9 at hotmail.com

Can you just fint me in or can my girls do it too?

Thanks so much!!! This looks like such fun!!!

Hallie said...

Just wanted to let you know I got my flip flops in the mail! Thanks so much for putting this together! It's amazing what some fun mail can do for the spirit! lol

www.ourbrokenroad.blogspot.com

Skamamama said...

why am i just now reading this. i'm bummed ~ i just found your blog today. i'll be looking for the bffe next summer though. what a great idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...