Monday, June 7, 2010

Everywhere

 My Bubba Boy is everywhere these days.  And I do mean everywhere.  Let me show you:
oh, you mean a dog's supposed to be in here?
how am I gonna get outta this?
mom, when's the last time you cleaned under the bed?
just pickin out dinner.
yup, the spinny thing works just fine mom.
how fast can I clean this out and climb in?

And his new favorite place to dash off to:
up
up
and away!

             So this looks like I let my child roam free around the house, right?  Shame on me?  No!  I let him explore all he wants with the right supervision.  And he enjoys checking it all out, just like I enjoy capturing it all on film computer um digital?  
            But the stairs are a different story.  We let the other 2 learn how to go up & down the stairs as soon as they wanted so that they learned the RIGHT way to go.  However, this set of stairs is much steeper and I have horrible visions of him falling down them.  Unfortunately, this is the ONLY place he wants to go now-a-days.  And will cry when you take him away from it.  We searched for a gate for the bottom with no luck (only one that was wide enough screwed into the wall).  So, any suggestions?  How did all you 2-storiers manage this?

Don't forget about the Bloggy Flip Flop Exchange.
Check it out here.
You have until Saturday to sign up.



15 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, those pictures are the cutest!

Kathy Campbell said...

SO CUTE!! I have no tips for the stairs other than putting boxes in the way. Which, really....not the prettiest option but it can work.

Rhonda said...

So cute! Sounds and looks just like my Caden use to be! I wish I would have snapped all the pics!

Anonymous said...

look at him! Love it! Totally all over the place!

Jen said...

First, I love all your pictures :) So cute!!!!

Regarding the photo of him on the dishwasher, be warned - William used to stand on the door (of course when I wasn't right there to stop him...) & he ruined the seal on the door & it started leaking water. Just and FYI...

Regarding the stairs - we had a 3 story townhouse when Evie was a baby used the Evenflo top of stair gate & just drilled into the newel posts & drywall. At this house we used the same gates, but Matt made oak boxes to go around the newel posts so we didn't have to drill into the oak. Once we were done with the gates he just removed the surround. You can repair drywall, but fixing the wood posts would be a challenge.

How wide an area are you talking about? And I can send you pictures of what I'm talking about if you'd like, just let me know.

He & Me + 3 said...

Wow he is everywhere. A little explorer. Love it. I don't have an answer. Can you buy gates to block him in the other room doors that lead to the stairs...so he can't get to the open area by the stairs? Good luck:)

Shawn said...

He just gets cuter and cuter!

Our stairs didn't come until Peanut was 21/2 so I can't offer any advice, sorry!

Lyndsay said...

I love these pictures. They are really hard to keep up with at this age and very determined!

Jessica said...

He is such a curious little guy, too! I just love how you capture pictures of him in the oddest places - he will definitely laugh about this some day!

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Oh dear, oh dear, looks like my Kameryn! She is such an explorer, and LOVES the stairs ~ of course!

Miller Racing Family said...

Oh, he is so cute! I love the photo of him in the dishwasher. He is such a precious little guy!
Hope all is well in Texas today!

Ruth said...

So cute, I just love the dog crate picture.

Anonymous said...

Those were cute pictures!!!

jennykate77 said...

It was NOT fun for us when Isaiah was little. We had the same battle...curious little boy with steep stairs. We mounted a gate at the top of the stairs with an alarm on it. (I was slightly paranoid!) I never found the perfect fix for downstairs, so we just watched him like a hawk until he was old enough and by that time he was so used to our paranoia and he would get to the stairs and then pause for someone to follow up behind him! I wish I had better answers for you. Good luck!!

J.J. said...

dude. that is the cutst post I have seen in a very long time. I am in love. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...