Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Flip Flop Love



               The first "official" days of summer are finally here- who am I kidding?  Here in Texas, we have already been in the 100's....and that's why I am so glad to have received some flip flops in the mail this week!!  That's right- the Second Annual Bloggy Flip Flop Exchange is in full-swing.  And blogging buddies across the country are receiving fun packages in the mail!

              All 3 kiddos and I have new flip flops to wear.  Take a look:

          Sis was thrilled to get a package in the mail from her new pen pal, Mimi's (@ He & Me + 3) Daughter Actress.  She loves her new purple flip flops (one of her favorite colors) and the flip flop socks are WAY cool!!  Most of all, Sis was into getting a letter from someone she had never met.  She quickly wrote a reply to the questions Actress had asked her in the letter and is anxious to get it mailed off.  So cute!!  Thanks Mimi & Actress!!


              Brody has been checking the mail box daily in anticipation of his package.  He was so excited to get skateboard flip flops from Jen's (@ Harried Mom of Four) son William.  He poured through all the great VA brochures that William had sent him- his favorite was on "Dinosaur Land" and asked immediately is we can go to Virginia this summer- he even pulled out the atlas to find their town on the map (and this momma didn't even have to bribe him to do it- mission accomplished!!).  He also sent Brody some candy, which he shared with his Grandma Illinois, a magnet, and a keychain.  This boy has had these flip flops on since getting them - I had to pull them off his feet to get a picture!  Thanks Jen & William!
            And the baby even got in on the action- Sweet Andrea (@ My Chihuahua Bites) has an adorable baby boy and we thought it would be fun to play too!! Look at the awesome package little Cooper sent Bubba!!!  Not one but TWO adorable pairs of flip flops, a great book from South Carolina, a Gamecock sippy, awesome snacks....and an adorble lambie that Cooper is sharing with Bubba for the summer- he has requested that Bubba take pictures of lambie with him.  I thought it was an awesome idea!!!  Thanks Andrea & Cooper!  Here's the first attempt at getting a picture together....the stairs were just too tempting for him to sit still!!

           And lastly, Momma got some adorable flips from Jen (@Twin Mommas).  How did she know that J Crew are my absolute favorite flip flop??  And they are so cute!!  I also recieved some fun stuff from Indiana - Popcorn on the cob from Chester Farms, chocolate treats (one being a race car - hmmm probably for a famous race that's held there??), and a Colts pin.  Such a fun gift to get!!  Thanks Jen!!


          We were so spoiled by all of you this week!!!  Thank you for loving on us!!!  I love how fun activities like this connect us all.  The kids are certainly excited to continue writing their pen pals.  

          We hope you enjoyed the flip flop exchange as much as we did!  Please let us know what you received by linking up.  And take time to visit some of the other ladies who joined in the exchange.  What better way to get to know a new friend?


20 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

What fun flip flops. Super cute and this was so fun. Thanks so much.

jennykate77 said...

LOVE love love all of your packages! You guys got some great stuff!!! Your bloggy exchange peeps did awesome jobs!

Connie said...

Whoo Hoo! Great flips!

Thanks again for hosting this exchange!

Anonymous said...

oo super cute flip flops!! I can't wait to get mine.. but it's coming from Canada so I'm sure it will take a while to get here :-)

Jen said...

I am SO GLAD - SO GLAD! that Brody liked his flips & stuff. I was really at a loss as to what to include :) Evie's package arrived today, and I'll get my post up as soon as the rest are here. Fun!

Shawn said...

It's looks like all of y'all scored! Thanks again fro hosting this!

Shawn said...

It's looks like all of y'all scored! Thanks again fro hosting this!

McCrakensx4 said...

I saw this over at Mimi's blog, but was too late to enter here! (she is my IRL BFF!) What cute cute sandals!! I really like yours! I am a flip flop queen and was sad I was too late...next year for sure!!

Surrounded-By-Boys said...

Whew! Know all about that heat here in central Florida!! UGH!! I love me some flip flops too! In the South, you know it's perfectly acceptable to wear a "good pair" of flip flops to church!!!!! : )

Kelli said...

Still sad I missed this :( Looks like a ton of fun and you are so sweet to put it all together and include the kiddies. You guys have to nice flip flops to add to your wardrobes!

Steph said...

So exciting seeing everyone's flip flops that they have received! I cant wait to get mine so I can share too!! Ive been waiting anxiously everyday for my package! Lol, I'm like a little kid.....hopefully tomorrow will be my day... :-)

Unknown said...

This was really so much FUN! I loved getting the package, and Georgia did as well. Thanks so much for hosting. Can't wait for next year.

AndreaLeigh said...

Becca, Cooper is so excited about his package! I'm so sorry I haven't responded to your email but I'm trying to take a bit of a email/blog break (it isn't going well!). I love the flip flops! I can't believe you found some with submarines on them! Adorable! It was too generous. I can't wait to put him in the romper. :) You are so sweet and generous. Thank you, friend!

AtlantaMama said...

fun fun! love this idea! saw this on Mimi's blog at He & Me + 3

Anonymous said...

this was so fun Becca! thanks again for hosting such a fun exchange and we hope you do it again next year!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

What a great idea! I'd love to participate next year if you do it again!
I'm a new follower.

Jen said...

Ok, I'm linked! And thank you so much for the silly putty! William's having a blast :) I need to make both of them sit down and write some notes tomorrow :) Have a happy 4th!

Twin Mommas said...

Thanks again for hosting this swap! I loved the package I received from you! I used the chili pack you sent me this weekend and my husband really thought it was the best chili he's ever had! Thanks so much! :)
Jen

ragamuffinbeauties said...

Sorry I didn't make the link up in time...but I SOOOO appreciate you putting this together! It was SO much FUN!

http://texascarlislefamily.blogspot.com/2010/07/bloggy-flip-flop-exchangelook-what-i.html

Trixie and Tess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...