Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday Daydreamin: Hold on to those Beach Memories


I think Friday is starting to be one of my favorite days of the week in Blog Land!!  I have so enjoyed viewing all the Friday Daydreams over at R We There Yet Mom?.  It has been a fun "escape"!!

This week, I am daydreaming about this past summer.  Our summer is just about over here in Texas.  We had our Teacher Welcome Walk this evening and school starts on Tuesday.  We are going to take a quick trip out to the lake for one last hurrah, and then we are back to the "Darling Routine".


This was our first trip to a real beach as a family.  We spent almost every day (except when we were chasing after gators) playing in the sand, leaping through the waves, and spending every single minute together as a family.  We had such a wonderful time.  We took home cherished memories of our kids that we will forever hold onto.

And as I sit here this morning, drinking my coffee in the quiet, I have a sense of peace knowing we made those special memories for our kids this summer.  




4 comments:

Kelli said...

SO lovely. I am going to put together a Destin post for next Friday. This week was a little wild for me. Ooh and then I'll post about our Staycation!

Mom said...

I think this place should be an annual trip for you and grandma/papaw Texas. What a great way to start the summer.

Connie said...

This could be your Christmas Card! If you were in the picture!

Macey said...

Love that picture! Boo to school starting. :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...