Friday, April 29, 2011

Love London!!

In celebration of the Royal Wedding and all things British, I wanted to take a few moments to ohh & ahh over the brief stay Matt & I had in London the summer of 2008.......

I do have a minor fascination of all thing Royal, so we did a TON of "royal" sightseeing......

Recognize this stately Palace?
 It is absolutely breathtaking in person....
We were only in London for 5 days but we came to see the changing of the guard 3 times.....
And to say hello to my favorite Queen....


 Funny, the Royal family didn't come out and wave at me from their "little" porch like I expected them too....

 But we did catch a glimpse of Prince Charles......
 Nah, it wasn't him, but it sure looked like him!

We visited a few other Royal Palaces, like Hampton Court Palace, where King Henry VIII spent most of his time with all 6 wives....
 And the Tower of London to see the Royal Jewels and where Anne Boylen spent too much time.....
 We took a ride on the Eye and were overwhelmed with how breathtaking everything is.  Everything has such an amazing amount of history over there - nothing compares to it here in the states.

Just look at how beautiful The Parliament & Big Ben are.....
 St. James Cathedral - I stood on the exact spot where Princess Di & Prince Charles were married...
 I couldn't get enough pics of this gorgeous clock tower.
 And we got to observe a church service with a  choir at Westminster Abbey.....

It was solumn and breathtaking at the same time.

And I can't possibly believe how amazing it is going to be on this Royal Wedding Day.

Which leads me to my dvr that has been up since 3 am taping all the festivities.  I kinda changed my tune from yesterday and am anxious to go and see the Royal Wedding.  I'm sure it's gonna be Fab!


6 comments:

Casey said...

So beautiful!

Unknown said...

Jealous! That looked like an awesome trip!

And I knew I should have added time to my recording. I didn't get to see the kiss. *sniff* Oh well.

Macey said...

I have wanted to go there so bad for so long!!!
I bet they didn't come wave at you cuz they didn't know it was you.

Connie said...

Today was a magical day. I was up at 3am....I loved it all.

I wanted several shows that had coverage of the wedding and I'm not at all sick of hearing about it.

I love England and I hope to visit someday with my daughter.

Shawn said...

I'm glad this thrills you. I'm sure I'll catch a glimpse of it here and there but honestly I had no clue it was even today until I read your post yesterday.

Peanut has it on DVR, I'm sure she'll talk me into watching it with her.

Mamarazzi said...

my mom and sister and i wore hats and pajamas and stayed up watching the wedding. so. much. fun.

i admit when they asked me if i wanted to i was pretty much, meh, whatever.

but i got into it pretty quickly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...