I jumped into blogging a few years ago as a means to keep my out-of-state family up on what was happening in the "Texas Darlings" lives. That was the self-imposed nickname we gave ourselves. You get it? We live in Texas...ha ha. Anyways, the more I visited other blogs, the more I blogged, the more I got addicted....I mean, caught up in all the fun of blogging.
Now a day doesn't go by that I am not "visiting" a few of my new bloggy friends. I have said this before, that even though we have not met in person, I feel a connection and real friendship with you all. I have learned great advice, found fun ideas, and had many of you in my thoughts and prayers. I have really enjoyed these unique friendships I have made through blogging.
And when I am gifted an award, I am humbled and flattered that you think my silly little blog is worthy of your attention. Thank you.
I have been bad about keeping up with them and passing them along. So I'd like to take a minute to recognize them and the sweet friends who gifted them to me!
My sweet friend, Shawn from Seriously, gifted me with the "Best Blog Award". Shawn is the momma of 2 beautiful girls and 15 dogs (ok, like 4ish?). She lives in sunny Florida in a gorgeous home and does really fun things with her girls...Jonas Brothers anyone? My hubby is in love with her dogs (German Shepards), so I avoid reading her posts with her pups in it around hubby!! She just turned a fun 30ish (!!) and is hosting a swap in honor of her birthday! I can't wait to participate. Thanks Shawn for the fun award!
Kelli, from Outside My Kitchen Window, gifted me with the "Uplifting Blogger" Award. This award truely defines kelli, who always has positive things to say on her blog and is always praising God for her blessings. She leaves the most ''uplifting" and sweet comments too!! Thanks Kelli!
Heather from Visions of Sugarplums awarded me 2 (I know..TWO!) awards....The "Love Ya" Award and "Your Blog is Fabulous" Award. WOW! Heather lives in the Northwest (jealous!) has her own business creating garters for new brides. If you know of anyone getting married soon, she makes really neat stuff!! Thanks for the awards Heather!
As if you weren't sick of hearing about all my awards yet.... one more!!
My friend in the state north of us, Jenny-Kate from Jenny-Kate's Spot gifted me the "Honest Scrap" award. Jenny-Kate is a fun-loving, hilarious writer and is obsessed with all things Twilight!! SHe has a fun life that I get to follow on facebook too! She has a little challenge with her award- to list 10 honest things about ourselves:
1. I am a procrastinator. I get the job done (and I do a good job with it), but I typically wait until the last minute to do it.
2. I really like staying home with the kids, but I really miss working- I am pretty torn about what to do.
3. I have big feet- always have.
4. I would like to find a better use of my talents for God's glory, but I am a procrastinator (see Number 1)!
5. I need to take better care of myself, as my family has a strong history of heart disease.
6. My favorite scent right now is my sweet baby's head. Aww, so sweet!
7. I love giving presentations, speeches, etc. Crazy huh?
8. I like to throw parties- from big birthday affairs to small dinners with friends.
9. I secretly wish to own my own company (but see number 1 again).
10. I love the Lord my God with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my mind, and with all my strength!
Thanks so much for hanging in there with me though all the awards. I have been so bad about posting them when I got them, so I apologize for dumping them all in one post. Instead of gifting each one individually, I would like to gift them to all of you!! I know that alot of these have been around, so if you see one you don't have yet, PLEASE grab it and know that it is a gift from me!
Have a wonderful day!